IGNORED

Mountain Bike for Sale

wulfgar

2015 GT Avalance Sport mountain bike for sale in Pattaya (size L). Comes with frame pump, floor pump, spare tube, tire levers, seat pack, rear view mirror, fenders, toe clips. It runs a little rough - needs a tune-up, probably could use a new chain. I paid 15,000 for this a year ago, would like to get around half of that.

gt avalanche sport.jpg

gtavalanche123.png

26" or 29" wheels ?

3G -Girls,GTi's&Golf,1st came Girls then GOLF GTI MK1and finally Golf the Game.Not sure which I spent more on? Enjoyed all 3 though ;-)
3F's Fuckin',Fuckin'about&Fuckin'up(hopefully loads of 1st&2nd but very little 3rd

Nice bike...if only i was living in Patts i would buy this bike in a heart beat!

Hope you have luck selling it m8! :GoldenSmile1:

I get to town 1st July

I will pm you then if it is still for sale

Cheers for that Very very tempted but really want 29"

good luck with the sale

3G -Girls,GTi's&Golf,1st came Girls then GOLF GTI MK1and finally Golf the Game.Not sure which I spent more on? Enjoyed all 3 though ;-)
3F's Fuckin',Fuckin'about&Fuckin'up(hopefully loads of 1st&2nd but very little 3rd

Seat looks ridiculously high. Dimensions are different to those quoted in UK, where would it fit into the Halfords scale?

b64336555bc608ac09a2ccd8038badf8.jpg

Seat looks ridiculously high.

The seat height is slightly below the max setting. 

Dimensions are different to those quoted in UK, where would it fit into the Halfords scale?

I'm not sure; I just pulled my chart off the internet to be honest. I don't have a tape measure here, but I'm 5'11', or about 180cm, and my legs are quite long for my height. This was the biggest size frame they had available in the shop here. By your chart, it's the right size for me, but due to my leg length I might be better suited to the next size up.

Posting in reply to comment about seat ridiculously high

It's not look compare the heights of both ends of the top tube compared to the tyres

the GT range have a short seat tube when compared to something like a TREK mountain bike

Different manufacturers have various seat tube heights all depending if the bike is a Hybrid , tourer or a true mountain bike

as long as the seat post tube goes down inside the frame seat tube enough to be solid and safe it won't be a problem

The cross bar or top tube angle varies a great deal all depends if you are willing to risk banging your nuts or not

But around Pattaya there are no hills worthy of a frame like this (steeply angled top tube) so it wouldn't be a problem as long as the seat tube overlap is sufficient (as mentioned above)

many people prefer a small frame and put the seat tube up high and some people prefer a large frame and have it well low

it all depends on your "APE" ratio (i.e. the ratio of leg length/ torso length and arm length) 

If you get this near perfect you will be able to ride as long as you want and as hard as your fitness level allows without feeling any muscle or joint pain

BUT if you ride like many of the Thai's with the seat way too low with their knees sticking right out and the handle bars way too forward thereby putting stress on shoulders wrists & back enjoy the pain that will come from using this position

Many Bike shops in England have NO FUCKING clue as to how to set a bike up especially Halfords

http://www.bikeradar.com/beginners/gear/article/mountain-bike-sizing-what-size-bike-do-i-need-40477/

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_au/rider_height_frame_size.pdf

https://www.evanscycles.com/help/bike-sizing

or this one http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-sizing.html

This is a good make of bike and a good price but as I haven't seen it except on here i cannot say whether it is in good nick or not BUT it does look ok from the one picture shown plus the extras are probably worth about 2000 baht if purchased new and a new chain is only 500 fitted

I have no association with the seller just enjoy cycling/MB trailing and as i said before if it was a 29" version i would buy it straight away for 10K

I am 5' 10" (177cm) 32" inside leg and a 71" arm span

In the UK when riding on the hills and on trails I use an Original design 19" frame Carrera Banshee full suspension bike( NOT the later Halfords sold crap version) really I should use a 17" but as getting on a bit don't ride as crazy as I used to

for general riding around i use a 20" Trek 4300 with the seat set forward and an adjustable head set very comfortable

Everyone is different and if the fit/size/setup feels good instantly and still feels the same after a week of riding then it should be just about spot on for you

it only takes a bout 10/15 minutes to set up a bike for the individual

Well I never knew there was so much involved in buying a bike looks like you guys know the ins and outs good luck with this.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Posting in reply to comment about seat

Wow - interesting post, thanks. Last year I used the bike mostly to ride up to and all around the top of Buddha Hill. My home town is very hilly, and I ride every other day. I used to be a die hard roadie/triathlete, putting in 5hrs+/week for about 25 years. I've switched to mountain bikes not to do single track, go off road or climb steep hills, but to go anywhere I want within the city and never worry about punctures on my 30-60 min moderate rides.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived