Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Does it rain all the time

foppa1

I am coming to Pattaya in three weeks time. When I check the weather reports is says thunderstorm. Is it raining all the time?

Same as mate (three weeks that is)

It will rain but it will either be so hard that it will be an event or over so quick that it wont matter

The tendency is for sharp storms to roll in and pass by fairly quickly.  There may be some minor flooding in parts but it will drain away.  Usually it's fairly safe to sit tight in the bar until the rain stops and then get on with whatever you want to do.  August is not notoriously bad for continued heavy rain and you should be fine.

If a major storm rolls through the rain can be torrential and incessant for a long period of time, which is when Pattaya starts flooding quite rapidly throughout the town.  More likely in Sept and Oct as the rainy season peaks and passes.

It's only really a hassle periodically or if you happen to hit a major rainstorm as you're trying to get in or out of town and the Sois are disappearing under water.  Most of the time in August the rains will either come and go very quickly or will be falling in the evening.  Quite common to see the lightning storms circle around Pattaya at night whilst the town itself stays dry.

Chill, focus on the trip.  At that time of year the rains should be a minor inconvenience, and personally I quite like sitting in a bar watching the rain fall for a while whilst I have a coldie in my hand and a lassie by my side.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Perthie has it right. YOu've just got first trip jitters.  It rains and shines, but the girls are always open for business.

Just seen a weather prediction for the second half of July and more rain is expected than normal.    Really that means very little as the long term forecasts have been wrong so many times, but if it is correct it should not spoil your trip.  The rain in Thailand is not the same as in many western countries, more often than not heavy showers but if lighter rain it is still warm.   

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

It does appear that LOS and Pattaya is suffering from abnormal rainfall even for June but I would not let that put you off, the rain has for me led to some great experiences when stuck in a bar and some fun experiences because of the rain.

Quite common to see the lightning storms circle around Pattaya at night whilst the town itself stays dry.

Chill, focus on the trip.  At that time of year the rains should be a minor inconvenience, and personally I quite like sitting in a bar watching the rain fall for a while whilst I have a coldie in my hand and a lassie by my side.

What Perthie says. Don't worry about the rain, whatever forecast you're looking at is probably showing 'thunderstorms' because there may be one sometime during the day.  Thing is, if there is one, it usually passes through in an hour and it's back to business - and like udontony says, it's typically more 'heavy showers' than 'thunderstorm' like we think of in farangland.

The last two weeks have been annoying for the 'lightning circle around Pattaya at night' phenomenon, multiple evenings where I'm certain we're going to get drenched (ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US) and then nothing falls from the sky. If it starts to rain, I just have another beer and often it's stopped and cleared up by the time I've finished the bottle.

This wet season may be a good 'un....  La Nina is now the prevailing condition, and that will mean more rain than normal, but probably September October and into early November.

El Nino conditions led to the drought, Thailand has just experienced.  

Watch what happens with the Monsoon in South Asia, that will give you an idea of what will happen in SE Asia.  If the Monsoon is bigger than "normal", then the Thai wet, will be wetter than normal.

I actually rather like the rain, it cleans up all the Soi's and makes you stay in a bar for an extra beer 55555

The only annoying thing is if it is super heavy all night a walk down beach road gets your feet a little wet, towards the Walking Street end and LK Metro cops a flogging, especially the Irish Rovers corner, but as other have said there is nothing to worry about.

• 1 month later...

So, foppa1. Did it rain all the time? Doubtful as I was there July 21st-31st...didn't...rain...once. I think we got lucky!

Big Mike.

So, foppa1. Did it rain all the time? Doubtful as I was there July 21st-31st...didn't...rain...once. I think we got lucky!

Big Mike.

Week before one night it hammered it down so much so, tha tthe following day that lower level car park on beach road was being pumped out.

But that was it for my 10 day trip.

It is not rainy season yet. Sept/Oct you will see consistent long periods of rain daily.

Big Mike.

The weather was very good. It was only one night with heavy rain that made me wait for a while in Ibar until I could continue elsewhere.

Archived