IGNORED

Thai & UK passports

neil123

Friends wife has a Thai, & UK passports, the Thai passport has just been renewed at Thai Embassy, in London, lost the old one, so visa,s etc not in new passport. If she travels to Thailand on her Thai passport, and enters the UK on her UK passport, will she be stopped at Bangkok, has an overstayer. Can she enter and return on her Thai passport, and then produce her UK passport at immigration back in the UK, to prove residency

Should be pretty easy to have the visas transferred to the new passport from the old one...

Sent from my KIW-L22 using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Why would she need a visa she already has a uk passport

Ok try again, lol, I agree she doesn't need a visa, has she has a UK passport, so the visas, in her old passport would have expired, so can't be transferred, has she doesn't need one, they wouldn't issue her with one lol. No problem entering Thailand on her Thai passport, if she returns to the Uk after 30 days , using her UK passport, would she be stopped at Bangkok airport has being an overstayer, I.e 30 days. If she returns back to the UK on her Thai passport, with no visas in, because she doesn't need one, can she use her UK passport has prove of residence, at immigration at the arrival UK airport whilst travelling on her Thai passport lol

I don't know for sure but I would assume then when she arrives at the airline desk for checkin she can show her english passport (or both passports if needed), as she exits thailand and goes through thai immigration she would need to complete the thai exit-arrival form (the reverse of what we complete when we arrive) and show her thai passport. At the gate if needed she would show her english passport and thai passport if needed to show she does not need a visa for the UK 

She has to use the passport with the name she has on her flight ticket  . So if on her thai passport her name would be her thai name  , I guess  . If on her uk passport the name would be her married british name  ? 

When or if asked in bkk about overstay, she could always show her thai id card 

Do Thailand allow dual nationality? If they do no problem show Thailand passport at Thsi border . UK passport at UK border. No visas required.

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

Archived