IGNORED

UEFA set dangerous precedent

chazzer

Whilst not condoning the actions of the English and Russian football fans UEFA is setting a dangerous precedent by threatening to throw out the country's football teams for the actions of a small minority of their fans.

If they are to be consistent and fair then a similar warning will surely have to go out to France. Their youths have attacked English, Northern Irish, and Polish fans in Marseilles and Nice. Why should the hosts have different rules.

So if the violence was to carry on we would be in the ridiculous situation of having the hosts thrown out of their own competition.......Another classical UEFA cock up! 

Wasn't the precedent sent a long time ago when they banned UK clubs from Europe due to hooliganism?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

We'll see if they actually follow through with it.

England v Wales in Lens on Thursday. Stadium not even big enough for a quarter of the fans who will be there.

Hardly any hotels in Lens so most supporters (and agent arranged groups etc) staying in nearby Lille.

Russia play in Lille on Wednesday.

Glad I'm not going.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Wasn't the precedent sent a long time ago when they banned UK clubs from Europe due to hooliganism?

Correct but this will be the first time that teams are thrown out during an international competition........my main point is why haven't the French received a similar warning?

We'll see if they actually follow through with it.

England v Wales in Lens on Thursday. Stadium not even big enough for a quarter of the fans who will be there.

Hardly any hotels in Lens so most supporters (and agent arranged groups etc) staying in nearby Lille.

Russia play in Lille on Wednesday.

Glad I'm not going.

wish i was going.....atmosphere will be immense.......dont reckon there will be much trouble there. The part played by the disillusioned french youth of Marseilles set a lot of this off!

If I could fly straight into the ground and out again I'd be delighted to be there.

Wouldn't fancy being around Lille at all though. Everyone travelling by train will have to change there.

Unfortunately the Ingerland supporters reputation follows them wherever they go, they are a target for ALL thugs and it is a natural reaction to meet violence with violence. The upcoming game with Wales will hopefully pass without incident but I wouldn't bet on it.

Unfortunately the Ingerland supporters reputation follows them wherever they go, they are a target for ALL thugs and it is a natural reaction to meet violence with violence. The upcoming game with Wales will hopefully pass without incident but I wouldn't bet on it.

correct......i feel so sorry for those decent people who save up and spend all all of their disposable income on following their national side. I expect about 95% of the supporters are absolutely fine but no one can deny that we have this small moronic element that ruin it for every one else......I am not talking about expats in Pattaya hahaha

Most of the nutters seem to support London clubs.

i think you will find that the English distribution of vile, moronic, uncouth, foul mouthed yobs is evenly distributed around  the country. A"TWAT" can suddenly appear from any borough within England.

i am in france now and was at the game last nite and i can tell you that it was the russian fans that charged the english . yes the english fans defenened themselves .but they were not to blame

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

That was a culmination of years of violence peaking at Heysel in 1985

The FA and clubs have done more than any other country in Europe to largely eradicate violence at games...at the higher levels it does exist but CCTV along with hefty fines(£000s), and over lengthy sentencing(in some cases longer than kiddie fiddlers) it is isolated and limited to clique firms with tight numbers.

i am in france now and was at the game last nite and i can tell you that it was the russian fans that charged the english . yes the english fans defenened themselves .but they were not to blame

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Looking at all the reports, and weeding out the hysterical ones, it looks as if there were a SMALL number of England fans causing trouble the night before. On the day of the game it was Russians and locals instigating it with some English responding. At the stadium it was 100% Russians causing the trouble.

No right minded Englishman would claim that we have eradicated the yobs from our game totally but Jesus over the years we have tried. If UEFA wishes to impose sanctions on the guilty nations then it should be transparent with every country being treated in the same way. It is far too easy for them just to blame England!

Trouble between German & Ukrainian fans in Lille tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the distinction that UEFA set was that the problems by Russian (and to a certain extent English) supporters were caused inside the stadium, where as most of the other problems have been outside.

Archived