Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Immigration Bureau Guidelines - Overstay Provisions

That flyer re-enforces what I understood to be the application of the over stay rules.

Under 90 days, provided you have not been arrested, rock up to the airport, pay the fine, no blacklist.  But get arrested even a day or over stay, and you are subject to blacklist.

Under 90 days, provided you have not been arrested, rock up to the airport, pay the fine, no blacklist.

This falls under surrendering.  

Surrendering at the airport, as you state, has no ban provision within the 90-day grace period.  However, the fine schedule is consistent with the policies in place prior to March 20, 2016.

But get arrested even a day or over stay, and you are subject to blacklist.

This falls under being arrested.

Being arrested and/or prosecuted, in conjunction with violating the overstay provision, results in a ban.  If you're suspected, or convicted, of wrongdoing, and in violation of your visa stay, the provisions permit for a ban.

If one can't follow the straight-forward guidelines (and it oftentimes exceeds a day), and is in either a suspect, or in violation, of the law, the banning provision is invoked.  It's not difficult to obey both the guidelines above, as well as the general laws, in Thailand.

So what about those VISA runs?

So what about those VISA runs?

Do they still exist.....??  assume they do to some extent ??

That is good to know as I have a 4 week overstay as I lost my passport, but I paid the money at the immigration in Bangkok, and a further week at the airport on departure.

So should be fine.

Took this photo at immigration....

Just a confirmation for those who want that.

Still see much info on visaruns in the city and spoke to someone who does this regularly. He said he has a multiple entry visa.

I can imagine a visa run if one day I would want to stay here and are you visit longer.

I am on tourist visa extension now. One 'trick', I think, would be to get an O visa and re-enter the country. Or multiple entry visa.. I think know it is still rather common to make a visa run to Cambodia.

20160623_132041.jpg

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

• 1 month later...

As I know you need to pay 500 THB per day in overstay.

At Suvarnabhumi Airport, they usually dont make you pay for only 1 day. The worst I have was 3 days in overstay, I paid 1500 THB.

I think 3 days were the maximum tolerance. Im wrong ?

What did you pay if you have more days in overstay ?

As I know you need to pay 500 THB per day in overstay.

At Suvarnabhumi Airport, they usually dont make you pay for only 1 day. The worst I have was 3 days in overstay, I paid 1500 THB.

I think 3 days were the maximum tolerance. Im wrong ?

What did you pay if you have more days in overstay ?

The max you pay for overstay is 20.000 baht.

Did you get a stamp in your passport saying you were in the country illegaly  ?

Yes your passport has red stamp entered into it

Archived