IGNORED

UE Boom Bluetooth Speakers

davidge

Firstly, apologies for starting a new thread. I know there was another thread where I posted about these speakers, but I can't find it.

My question:

Can someone please tell me if you can pair one original UE Boom and one UE Boom 2 to get a stereo effect?

I know you can with 2 of the same version but don't know if the 2 versions are compatible.

I ask because the original is still available for now but I can get the new version £25 cheaper.

I have one of the origins already.

Thanks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Why not take the one you have into a store and try and pair them both...?

Why not take the one you have into a store and try and pair them both...?

You still go into stores? :-)

I buy everything online now.

There's only one store anywhere near me that may stock them. I guess I could give it a go.

Unfortunately, as it's a Currys/PC World, it would be no good asking the staff as they know bugger all.

When I went in to check out printers, I asked about printer resolution and was told to look it up online!

You still go into stores? :-)

Not that often, but in instances like this, then yes.

I have a UE Boom. If you tell me the exact model of the new one you wana pair with, I could pop in to my local bricks and mortar on Tuesday and try pairing them together.

Providing they have it of course....

My question:

Can someone please tell me if you can pair one original UE Boom and one UE Boom 2 to get a stereo effect?

Edit. Found your answer.

Q: How do I use the “Double Up” feature of my UE speaker?

If you have two UE speakers, you can use them together to amplify your sound. Here’s how:

NOTE: Your UE BOOM must have the latest software version to Double Up with UE ROLL, UE MEGABOOM and UE BOOM 2.

With the app:

Connect your first UE speaker to your device.

Open the app (if you’re doubling up two different UE speakers, you can use any of their apps to Double Up) for your UE speaker and tap the “Double Up” icon then tap Start in the Double Up screen.

Follow the steps from the app to Double Up your speakers.

NOTE: You can also use the app to “lock” the Double Up connection so when you power both of your UE speakers up, they’ll automatically reconnect in Double Up.

Without the app:

Connect to the first UE speaker and turn on the second one.

On the first, press both the Volume “+” and the Bluetooth connection button at the same time. You should hear a tone that confirms the speaker is ready to Double Up.

On the second speaker, press the Bluetooth button twice. You should hear a tone confirming that it is trying to Double Up then another when the connection is successful.

My comment was tongue in cheek :-) Thanks for trying to help.

I'm not really up with all the technology now!

I have one of these:

image.jpeg

and was looking to get another so I could set up a stereo system.

The newer model is lot cheaper than the older one at the moment:

image.jpeg

They 'should' work together but companies sometimes screw you with new models by making them incompatible with previous ones!

I can't make a store in the next couple of days as I'm travelling to Heathrow and back.

I was going to order online if I knew they worked.

My comment was tongue in cheek :-) Thanks for trying to help.

I know. Offer was legit though.

Will be passing by on Tuesday so wouldn't have been a hassle.

As long as your Boom is updated doesn't sound like it'll be a problem...

Think I need to connect to PC to update the firmware on the original Boom.

I can't see why I wouldn't be able to use the 2 together but you never know!

Sound quality meant to be better on new version - and I'm impressed at the quality from the original.

Guess I could persuade my sister to buy me one for my birthday in a few weeks ;-)

I got in touch with Logitech & they responded by sending a link to their website. Hate it when companies do that instead of just answering the bloody question!

Anyway, trawled through it and found the answer (I think). I will have to update the software on the original Boom & this can only be done by connecting to PC. I can then set the 2 speakers up for stereo.

I'll update the software in a couple of days when I get back from airport.

Love UE stuff. Got UE Boombox a couple of years back for review from amazon and the sound was and remains excellent. Bit bigger than the current booms but the bass is lovely and mids and highs really well done. Great design too. Was selling for £199 when I got mine but see some old stock is still around at half the original price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-UE-984-000244-Boombox/dp/B00935DS8E

I came, I saw, I mongered!

Archived