IGNORED

Decrease Pricing at Hotel chains

jenase

Dear all:

I'll be traveling to Thailand at the end of November, I already have reservations but due to currency exchange, I decided to check prices. I was surprise to notice a lower cost that my original reservations (Marriot in Pattaya and Holiday Inn in Bangkok)

On September 23rd I booked my room for the Marriot at 5,600 (THB) per night and today same reservation 5,300 (THB) per night

On October 9th I booked my room for Holiday Inn Bangkok at 3,799 (THB) per night and today same reservation 3,199 (THB)

It is easy to change to the lower price, all you have to do is call the hotel or check internet prices and if it is lower the hotel will change the price with the same reservation number, just make sure to ask for an e-mail with the current rates.

It is the first time I experienced a dropping in price in the hotel business, and I hope for the good of tourism it does not mean a huge drop in the amount of visitors to Thailand for the coming months, but considering the current global economics it is affecting all industries.

NOTE: my reservations have not restriction with option of canceling the scheduling day of arrival; I’m not sure it works with hotel brokers or other types of reservations.

I hope my info helps some of you traveling during heavy season to the land of smiles.

I see the marriott is at 5500 baht per night low season. I wonder when the hotels will extend there low season prices?

Ah...... thanks mate i'm gonna check on my hotel in bkk and see if they have dropped their prices.

Ah...... thanks mate i'm gonna check on my hotel in bkk and see if they have dropped their prices.

If its own or runned by a Thai I doubt a price drop. Sorry to be so negative just experience.