IGNORED

Thailand or Philippines

revan00

I'm interested in traveling to either The Philippines or Thailand for some "fun" in February and wanted to get some opinions on what country I might enjoy the most and where my money will go the farthest. Have any of you guys also been to the Philippines for comparison? Is there a big language barrier in Thailand? Better looking girls? Ect. I would appreciate any feed back you guys have.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the devil is in the details, generally I'd say Thailand is safer than PI. It is easier to get around and there are more non-mongering things to do in Thailand than PI.

While a newbie is at risk of scams and rip-offs in both, I think this is less so in Thailand than PI.

Language barrier? If you're limited in your ability to speak Thai and don't feel comfortable outside English, then this may be an issue for you in Thailand, especially if you venture outside of the main tourist and mongering areas. Some guys find this a big advantage in PI.

Some guys, from the West, also feel more comfortable with PIs more western-like culture. Personally, Thai culture fascinates me and I adore the contrasts with my own.

I think costs are generally cheaper in Thailand, but I'm not looking for the cheapest of everything either.

Girls? This is entirely subjective. I've had great experiences with both, non-P4P and P4P alike. I'd say that generally Filipinas are less mature and sometimes it feels like dating a teenager ... and they're infamous for their 'tampo'!

Thanks for the reply. Also when I went to Tokyo and Hong Kong the less professional ladies were a little wary of me due to my size (6'3, power lifter) and they tended to avoid me outside of specific establishments. Will this be an issue in either country since their avg. height is short than Japanese and Chinese?

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the reply. Also when I went to Tokyo and Hong Kong the less professional ladies were a little wary of me due to my size (6'3, power lifter) and they tended to avoid me outside of specific establishments. Will this be an issue in either country since their avg. height is short than Japanese and Chinese?

To tell you the truth ... yes. The average size of women in the Philippines is 4'11 and is  5' 2 in Thailand. Many Filipinas or Thai women will refuse to go with too tall or too heavy men. I think it is very understandable.

Look at the following statistics:

But there are exceptions everywhere. So maybe you'll find women who are attracted to your physique. :)

Philippines girls and beer is 30 percent cheaper, sometimes more, I could take 2 girls from fields for the price of one girl from a walking St gogo. Girls working in the bars are younger and less business like. Everything else is far better value and standard in thailand

Thai girls are hotter but a lot less fun than filipinas in my experience

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I spend the same in both Pattaya and AC. Your size will make no difference in either place. There is a lot more to do and see in Pattaya than AC. Pattaya has massage places with extras, soapies, lots of gogos, clubs, Soi 6, thousands of beer bars and tourist attractions all easily accessible. AC has bars but little else. Girls can be awesome in both places. If you have a long holiday my advice woukd be do AC for a few nights if you enjoy it stay a bit longer then go to Patts.

Thai girls are hotter but a lot less fun than filipinas in my experience

I agree. I feel that it depends on three things:

1) Money. Filipinas are poorer and more excited at the idea of being invited in good restaurants, good hotels, and the possibility of marrying a rich foreigner.

2) Language: the Filipinas speak English much better than Thai women. So it's easier to laugh and connect emotionally with someone when speaking the same language.

3) Culture: The Thais are proud, and they distrust a little or do not like so much foreigners. Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling Thais tolerate us more than they love us. Filipinos love and sincerely admire the West.

Obviously, these are generalities. And there are lots of exceptions and nuances that might be made. But I think overall, it's true.

Your size will make no difference in either place. 

Working girls will welcome you favorably in both countries. 

But OP asked the question about regular girls. And in my experience, regular girls are reluctant to go with men over 6' 2 and over 250 pounds.

Working girls will welcome you favorably in both countries.

But OP asked the question about regular girls. And in my experience, regular girls are reluctant to go with men over 6' 2 and over 250 pounds.

Yeah good point I missed that. Non P4P girls may have an issue especially outside tourist areas.

Phillipines waste of time. Stick with Pattaya, better looking girls, more things to do, better attitudes.

If you have time I'd go to both. Flights are cheap. When it comes to cost I seem to end up spending about the same amount daily in either place. You find better value, more choice or better quality in one country rather than the other but I'm not going into detail on every item. That is all part of the fun of being a newbie, finding out for yourself.
Pattaya is definitely better for long term living as shown by the number of ex Philippine dwellers now living in Thailand / Pattaya.
Nothing wrong with PI though for a short visit. Go to Angeles City for mongering, and if you want a break from AC head over to Barrio Barretto (Subic) on the 9am bus from the Brass Knob (also picks up from many hotels). If you are after beaches then there are many great places in PI but some may take a lot of effort getting to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Do both! Fly on Cebu Pacific or Air Asia from Clark Pampanga (Angelas City) to Bangkok. From Dau bus terminal you can even take a Victory Liner bus to Subic.You only live once :GoldenSmile1: .,,,,,,,,,

Do both! Fly on Cebu Pacific or Air Asia from Clark Pampanga (Angelas City) to Bangkok. From Dau bus terminal you can even take a Victory Liner bus to Subic.You only live once :GoldenSmile1: .,,,,,,,,,

Just for info, There are no direct flights Clark to Bkk.

Everyone has their experiences, views and opinions but really you need to go to both and make up your own mind.  I have just been to nearly all the major cities in Asia now, but not Philippines. I have phils gf in HK and she is great, fun, and can be insanely jealous and bitchy at times.....

The thing I like about Pattaya is there is so much stuff in a relatively small area, literally hundreds of bars, clubs, massage shops plus beaches in the area, cheap hotels and great food.

I have not found anything like it.

You owe us a report after you travel eh.

Archived