Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Tom Yum Goong in Patts

I absolutely fell in love with this dish my first visit to Thailand 8 years ago.

But I find that this is a dish they usually don't do all that well in the small mom and pop places around Patts. Usually too spicy for me to fully enjoy the subtle flavors of the dish or they skimp on the shrimp or use sub standard shrimp.

This may sound like sacrilege, but I really like the Tom Yum they serve at Beef-eater and Steak and Co. Always perfectly spiced and they give you the good quality shrimp too (in massive quantities). The Thai lady friends who have dines with me at both places were also surprised at how good it was  (though they probably thought I was ting-tong for paying 180 baht for the simple dish).

What do you guys think? Any Tom Yum Goong lovers out there that can set me straight? 

love tom yum  great for a hangover ....... Just say "pet nik noi,  krap "  tells the maker "little bit spicy please" problem solved but yes it does vary as a dish quite a lot from place to place

Thanks,. But I find when I ask "pet nid noi" its not spicy enough. 555

And it so much better when they give you the good shrimp. 

But I find that this is a dish they usually don't do all that well in the small mom and pop places around Patts. Usually too spicy for me to fully enjoy the subtle flavors of the dish or they skimp on the shrimp or use sub standard shrimp.

I always think its best to order Tom Yam Gai than Goong in the small Thai places.

Prefer to order it 'Nam Sai' so you don't get milk added to it.

And I like the ones that add Bai Krapao as well, which gives depth and a peppery spiciness addition to the chilli.

I find it hard to get a good one in Pattaya nowadays, as so many use Knorr stock cubes as a base which gives it a weird tomatoey flavour.

Favourites would be 'Raan Go Seafood' in Naklua for Tom Yam Goong, and a hole in the wall no name place on Soi Nam Khaeng (off Soi Buakhao) for Tom Yam Gai.

Soi Star beach.My favorite place.Turn left off Pratamnak Soi 4,and its on your right.

Always get it nam kohn.With some pork fried rice.

But by far the best was in Kanchanaburi near the bridge.At the big Chivas restaurant.

Was fucking spectacular.

image.png

Yum!! (no pun intended) those soups look amazing. 

But why are they stacked up like that? 

Yum!! (no pun intended) those soups look amazing.

But why are they stacked up like that?

They are served on another dish that has a small,fire in it,so they are boiling at the table.

It isn't soup in the one under the top one,charcoal and fire baby.

Amazing.

The best lesbian pussy slurpers are in the Sapphic Clam Karaoke. :GoldenSmile1:

The best Tum Yum I've found is in the little place behind the fruit market on Pattaya Klang

They are served on another dish that has a small,fire in it,so they are boiling at the table.

It isn't soup in the one under the top one,charcoal and fire baby.

Amazing.

That's what I thought at first,  but in the pics it looked like there was soup in the bowls below . My mistake.

Thanks for the tip.

Jomtien sauna make the best one I've tasted

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Archived