IGNORED

Retirement Visa Thailand

runner

When using a Retirement Visa, what happens if you leave the country and come back without having a multiple entry permit? What time stamp would you be given by Immigration?

you gotta get a paper from immigration before you leave.  spend the 3600? baht for multiple, safe than sorry and good insurance

When using a Retirement Visa, what happens if you leave the country and come back without having a multiple entry permit? What time stamp would you be given by Immigration?

If you were an Aussie, you would get a 30 day stamp....  You then need to start the process of seeding money etc all over again.....  Get a re entry permit... saves lots of grief.

Every year when you renew your retirement extension get a multi-reentry visa at the same time. Then for the year ahead you can exit and return as many times as you like, in and out just like you were a Thai.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Your visa ends of you leave the country without the permit. Back to square 1 with the 30 day visa waiver.

You can go to immigration office and for 1000 bahts they will add you one entry to your single entry VISA.

When you go back to pick up your passport after getting your Retitrement Visa, get a single re-entry Visa for 1000 Baht.

Unless of course you plan several trips in which case get the Multiple re-entry Visa for 3900 (?)Baht.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I did it once by accident, although to be fair Thai Immigration pulled me aside at the border and warned me of what I was about to do.

Had to come back in on a SETV, convert to O and apply for a Ret Ext again.

Not a good idea.

When you go back to pick up your passport after getting your Retitrement Visa, get a single re-entry Visa for 1000 Baht.

Unless of course you plan several trips in which case get the Multiple re-entry Visa for 3900 (?)Baht.

Didn't realise this was possible. So you have 2 visas which you can use or are you talking about prepaying for single or multiple re-entry permits?

Didn't realise this was possible. So you have 2 visas which you can use or are you talking about prepaying for single or multiple re-entry permits?

The latter.

People seem to have no idea what a re-entry permit is (it is not a visa). If you have a retirement visa you get the permit to leave and come back on the retirement visa. You don't get other visas on top of one good for a year with 90 day reporting. 

People seem to have no idea what a re-entry permit is (it is not a visa). If you have a retirement visa you get the permit to leave and come back on the retirement visa. You don't get other visas on top of one good for a year with 90 day reporting. 

You are right in a general sense, but being pedantic an Extension of Stay (Retirement) which I think is what we're talking about, isn't a Visa either.

The real Visa, if your records are ever checked back, is the O Visa which you extended and IME if they can't find that, then eg. those who have the 'kitchen table' Retirement Extensions should get very nervous.

To go a little further, actually your Re-Entry Permit does become your Visa (IME) for the purpose of completing your Arrival Card and that is the number they want to see on it.

You are right in a general sense, but being pedantic an Extension of Stay (Retirement) which I think is what we're talking about, isn't a Visa either.

The real Visa, if your records are ever checked back, is the O Visa which you extended and IME if they can't find that, then eg. those who have the 'kitchen table' Retirement Extensions should get very nervous.

To go a little further, actually your Re-Entry Permit does become your Visa (IME) for the purpose of completing your Arrival Card and that is the number they want to see on it.

I was wondering if you put your orginal visa number on the immigration card or the re-entry permit and wondering what hapoens if your new passport didn't have the original O visa in it.

I was wondering if you put your orginal visa number on the immigration card or the re-entry permit and wondering what hapoens if your new passport didn't have the original O visa in it.

I got pulled up for this twice (experiences may vary).

They want the most recent number, which if you have a Re-Entry Permit is that one (if you don't have one oops).

Looking for the original O Visa is (IME) something that may be done at Immigration when you apply for a subsequent Extension, not at the airport.

At BKK they can check your Visa status on the database looking back from your Re-Entry Permit number.

I suppose logically it's just sequential and thus once in Pattaya your TM7 becomes important because they can check everything back from that number.

I got pulled up for this twice (experiences may vary).

They want the most recent number, which if you have a Re-Entry Permit is that one (if you don't have one oops).

Looking for the original O Visa is (IME) something that may be done at Immigration when you apply for a subsequent Extension, not at the airport.

At BKK they can check your Visa status on the database looking back from your Re-Entry Permit number.

I suppose logically it's just sequential and thus once in Pattaya your TM7 becomes important because they can check everything back from that number.

Great info, thanks

Just went  & did my renewal of my retirement visa . Its not the first renewal I have had but was the first time I actually did it myself. Used to have a friend of mine do it but she is finished up her business & moved to Aussie.

My visa expired on the 24th so instead of waiting till next Tuesday thought I would get it down now as with the long weekend Monday & Tuesday at Immigartion are usually pretty crowded.

So went in last Tuesday afternoon . Arrived at the desk at 15:10 hrs got my ticket. Was called 5 minutes later, paperwork checked had to go outside & get another 2 pages of my passport photocopied then straight back in. Left the building at 15:30 hrs & told to pick up passport next day. Total time 20 minutes & all handled extremely politely & efficiently by the staff. All the banks letters where fine the only think he did ask for was something with my address on it. As I have no rental agreement I gave him a copy of a bank statement with my address on it.  Also gave him a copy of the missus Blue book but they never asked for it . Visa cost 1,900 baht. Visa good till 24th May 2017 as that is a year from when the old one would expire

Went back Wednesday at 15:25 hrs, picked up my passport went to the Reentry permit counter number called after a couple of minutes handed it all in told to take a seat 5 minutes later was given my passport back with multiple entry permit in it. Cost 3,800 baht. Out of the at 15:35 hrs.

All in all a very painless experience. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of it all .Cant see it being a problem if you have the correct paperwork

Archived