IGNORED

Where to find Oysters and other seafood

Question for the seafood lovers in Patts, what are the options for eating Oysters and other Seafood?

Preference isn't for expensive classy restaurants but I don't want to fuck up the holiday with food poisoning by eating somewhere that is selling bad Oysters.

Not a big fan of the hot pots etc, more the freshly barbecued prawns or oysters etc with basic sauces to dip into. Similar to what you get near the beach in Vietnam if you been there.

Any recommendations as well as landmarks I can put into google maps to find it would be appreciated.

Further up at Nakula Rd about 3 miles ,

Pattaya Seafood Restaurant (Moom Aroi มุมอร่อย) Naklua

My favourite , Many Thais and very few Farangs

image.jpeg

Thank you found it in google maps and saved for the trip

Agree with Moom Aroi.  One of my favorite places although a bit far.  When you think you've gone too far and missed it, keep going.  A little more fancy and pricey than most places though.  You could also go the opposite direction to Na Jomtien to a restaurant called Pupen.  It has a huge crab statue outside it and is just about as far from Pattaya.  A bit cheaper than Moom Aroi and not as fancy, but VERY popular with the locals

For a cheaper option to to the Naklua market and buy whatever you want and have it barbecued in one of the stalls there. There's cheap beer available as well as a picnic area that you can eat in. Take a girl along and it gets even easier...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

For oysters and prawns (and other things) I would go to Siam@Siam any evening and have their buffet. 600B, or around 900B with free-flow wine (from a box). No need to take anyone.

If you also want scallops then the Ninja buffet includes some nice ones in their 400B offer. That is a hotpot place though, but they do have the paid grilling service available. Once you have paid all the extras I find that Siam@Siam is cheaper and much more comfortable.

Best Oysters in town I'd say Brunos or Cafe Des Amis. CDA actually have a choice of 3- Fin de Claire no.3, no.7 or some large American ones that I forget the name of. Best day to go would be a Tuesday or a Thursday as thats when he gets his Seafood deliveries.

Paeng mai?

Oysters in Brunos are B600 for half a dozen, B1100 for a dozen. Cafe Des Amis start at B600 for a half a dozen and go up to B800.

shiet thats A$42 , bloody dearer than Sydney. i guess if i eat it everyday its goibg to be an expensive trip.

^^ Those are imported oysters, which one would expect to cost much more.

Just go to Siam@Siam and stuff yourself with their nice local ones for 600B.

Got no problem with local seafood so will give siam@siam a go

Where is Siam@siam?

second rd towards the north end and almost opposite the Big C up there.

it's big n blue so it's not hard to locate by soi 2.

somebody say costliest  deadliest catch?

may 15 018 (Custom).JPG

Mamma's (on Soi 6) has Oysters. No that is not a typo and I am not referring to poon tang. Mams  is not a beer bar. It's actually a good hole in the wall restaurant that serves French and Italian food. .  They had Cancales no 4 imported from Brittany.  6 for around 300 baht. They were pretty good too.  

post-2005-0-44977600-1463317867.jpg

Has anyone here tried or seen this new A-One 2000B buffet? By my calculation it is Pattaya's most expensive, even more expensive than the Amari on Sunday which also has Alaskan crab. I wonder what it has of interest apart from the crab advertised? The previous cheaper buffet they used to do looked quite ordinary and I never tried it.

The one thing that I regret about not living in Bangkok is the vastly better and vastly cheaper hotel buffets they get there; some of which are extremely good. Though if I did live there I would probably weigh 30kg more than I do.

Archived