Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Windows 10 free update from 7 &8.1no more free after 29 july.....hurry or pay

david555

I'm using windows 10 now, but during the last update the Menu bar stopped working. Apparently it's a common problem with no easy fix yet. So not all is so good with Windows 10.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

That is very misleading title.  Microsoft will continue to patch 7 and 8.1 for some time. There just aren't going to be anymore service packs for 7 and probably 8.  but there is still 2.5 years till mainstream support ends for 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

They only  announce that after 29 July the free change to win 10 is no more....after 29 July have to pay to change to Win 10  ....title has nothing to do with the support for 7 or 8.1..

It is depending "how " some  read the tittle...

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

.as your installed /upgraded Win 10 keep updating free !!

This tends to imply that the other versions might not update for free.  As I said it is misleading.

If your intent was to alert people that after July 29th updates to Windows 10 would not be free you could have said this.

If you want to update Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 for free you need to do that before July 29th of this year.

That is clear.  Yours was not. 

This tends to imply that the other versions might not update for free.  As I said it is misleading.

If your intent was to alert people that after July 29th updates to Windows 10 would not be free you could have said this.

That is clear.  Yours was not. 

My posting was just to be helpful, and note that the free Win 10 is nearing its limits offer.

But I forgot the P.A. mentality of some people to always hang from the improver...... :WinkGrin1:  :WinkGrin1: (google translation...) :SoWhat1:

• 1 month later...

They only  announce that after 29 July the free change to win 10 is no more....after 29 July have to pay to change to Win 10  ........

Any update on this.......are they really going to make us pay after 29 July?

I took the plunge a few months ago and installed Win10.

I hated it.

Someone said there was a programme to make it behave/look like Win 7, so I installed it.

Everything then went iffy and i reverted to Win7.

A couple of weeks ago I tried again.

I hated it again.

2-3 days later Nvidea came on with an update, which I installed.

Then things really went wrong - progs not loading/working and endless error messages until eventually I gave up again.

This time there was no way back and I had to do a clean Win7 install, meaning I had to re-install all my progs.

I like Win7.

I'm sort of back to normal now, but getting the endless nags to 'upgrade'.

They say if I don't upgrade by 29 July it won't be free any more.

Should I care?

Any update on this.......are they really going to make us pay after 29 July?

I took the plunge a few months ago and installed Win10.

I hated it.

Someone said there was a programme to make it behave/look like Win 7, so I installed it.

Everything then went iffy and i reverted to Win7.

A couple of weeks ago I tried again.

I hated it again.

2-3 days later Nvidea came on with an update, which I installed.

Then things really went wrong - progs not loading/working and endless error messages until eventually I gave up again.

This time there was no way back and I had to do a clean Win7 install, meaning I had to re-install all my progs.

I like Win7.

I'm sort of back to normal now, but getting the endless nags to 'upgrade'.

They say if I don't upgrade by 29 July it won't be free any more.

Should I care?

Heaven sake ....., did the BrexitPound plunged so much you worry about that ..... :GoldenSmile1: .....I can understand it is a too big change on layout ..... but after all the girls behavior also changed in Pattaya ... same with prices ....... or did you forgot the combination for that big iron box ...?

If really it disturb you too much  (win 10 ..) do not use it until the Win 7 shall start slow working  after each update ...until you Bank shall not work anymore on line and so on .... this not immediate but coming anyway...

Windows 10 will get you anyway sooner or later :hello09:

I had Win 7 too on my 10 inch before (and liked it too ...) in combo with Win 10 Pro , and I could see that Win 7 became slower and slower , all windows pushing to renew to 10 , no way back , you can only remain for time ....?...(.remain .....becomes now a fashion word in UK :LOL2: )

PS : solution for you could be to install multi boot  win 7 / win 10 , and keep the Win 10 on background until high needed ......saves you the money ....equal to...... x ... number Ladydrinks ...... :WinkGrin1: 

warning for you who don't know WIN 10 is tracking everything you do and watching what sites you use all details are passed on to you guess.?? and advertisers so one day it may come back to haunt you  windows does a lot of tracking for most world governments. ( go ahead have a good laugh)??

warning for you who don't know WIN 10 is tracking everything you do and watching what sites you use all details are passed on to you guess.?? and advertisers so one day it may come back to haunt you  windows does a lot of tracking for most world governments. ( go ahead have a good laugh)??

If you think you are safe from what you describe by not using Windows 10 you are seriously deluded.

There are some features of Windows 10 that do track what you do so that it can improve your experience (for example Cortana). However, with a little searching you can turn these features off.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

"Windows 10 will get you anyway sooner or later"

Yup. 

"PS : solution for you could be to install multi boot  win 7 / win 10 , and keep the Win 10 on background until high needed ......saves you the money ....equal to...... x ... number Ladydrinks ......  :WinkGrin1:"

That's what I'm doing...cept I won't even boot to Win 7 unless a feature I need requires it...which is becoming more and more the case. I'd still be running Windows 2000 if that was any way feasible. ;)

Another copy of Win 7 to install in the partition for upgrade to Win10 is less than $50 on Ebay vs $199 to buy Win10 later.   

There is really no need to install Windows 10 to your machine before July 29th. It's possible to reserve your installation until your are ready to complete it. Where are the Techs on this board??

There is really no need to install Windows 10 to your machine before July 29th. It's possible to reserve your installation until your are ready to complete it. Where are the Techs on this board??

A few turned up over here..... http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/298134-win10-nag-nag-nagshould-i-care/

• 3 months later...

I can't login windows 10 after upgrade. anyone have this issue? it says incorrect password.

Maybe caps lock on ..? or did you change keyboard settings /Language or something else ? If no solution  check this,

it happened once to me then I remembered I change from password to pin code , normally windows 10 shows option to choose password OR pin code .(.A menu showed with graphic choice  shows ?).

https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

OR  a paste from this page : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/microsoft-passport-guide

Password-reset mechanisms

To let users better manage their own passwords, some services provide a way for users to change their own password. Some implementations require users to log on with their current password, while others allow users to select the Forgot my password option, which sends an email to the user’s registered email address. The problem with these mechanisms is that many of them are implemented such that an attacker can exploit them. For example, an attacker who can successfully guess or steal a user’s email password can merrily request password resets for all of the victim’s other accounts, because the reset emails go to the compromised account. For this reason, most enterprise networks are configured so that only administrators can reset user passwords; for example, Active Directory supports the use of a Password must be changed on next logon flag so that after the administrator resets a password, the user can reset the password only after providing the administrator-set password. Some mobile device management (MDM) systems support similar functionality for mobile devices.

The 'Chrome' survey just came back after 2 weeks free following clean install.

Must be from some dodgy site I visit.    :Think1:

The 'Chrome' survey just came back after 2 weeks free following clean install.

Must be from some dodgy site I visit.    :Think1:

How to remove Chrome Opinion Survey pop-up ads (Virus Removal Guide)

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-chrome-opinion-survey-popup/

I am almost sure you did not used this remove little tool..Adwcleaner......free on internet download, AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS as in link above , including tooltips in browser referring to Chrome survey prog.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwimwaLKpf_PAhXLr48KHQpvDZEQFggfMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftoolslib.net%2Fdownloads%2Fviewdownload%2F1-adwcleaner%2F&usg=AFQjCNHI0V3HdxJQ2oqXJq7EZwLEzIpaSw&bvm=bv.136811127,d.c2I

Currently Windows 10 is still free if you tick you are using assistive technologies.

http://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

I read about it , could work , let's hope you get original 10 and not a programmed for people with disabilities .... as different layout when using / try this option on your W 10 , I did and had a lot of trouble to get my settings back to normal ...( I would be surprised if Micro$t should not be aware ....?)  

Did you tried it ... :WinkGrin1: ?

I read about it , could work , let's hope you get original 10 and not a programmed for people with disabilities .... as different layout when using / try this option on your W 10 , I did and had a lot of trouble to get my settings back to normal ...( I would be surprised if Micro$t should not be aware ....?)  

Did you tried it ... :WinkGrin1: ?

Have not tried it yet.

It will be installed onto a work computer and at the moment everything works on it and I don't want to go breaking anything.

Maybe caps lock on ..? or did you change keyboard settings /Language or something else ? If no solution  check this,

it happened once to me then I remembered I change from password to pin code , normally windows 10 shows option to choose password OR pin code .(.A menu showed with graphic choice  shows ?).

http://www.uukeys.com/reset-windows-10-password.html

OR  a paste from this page : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/microsoft-passport-guide

This works perfectly for me. no need to reinstall the os and it only takes a few minutes to reset the password.

Archived