Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

U.K. Tourist visa refused. Any advice?

rollingstonedan

We have applied for a tourist visa for the mrs to the UK. It got turned down.

We have been together for over 6 years. She has a house and car in her name. We submitted plenty of photos, bank statements etc. As far as I know everything was in order.

We used an agent because it was our first application and we wanted it to go through with out any dramas.

The embassy's reason for refusal is that they think she will stay there longer and not return.

We are re applying next week.

Has anyone had a visa refused and re applied successfully? And did the application go through any quicker?

We are hoping to go to the uk on 9th June and now I'm concerned we won't hear back in time.

I really thought it would go through no problem so am a bit surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A colleague of mine had his GF's UK Visitor visa refused for similar reasons and re-applied within 2 weeks, addressing the issues raised by the ECO.  His GF got a phone call 3 working days after the application was re-submitted and he expects to get the result today. So, it's pretty quick and if you address their concerns and re-apply in the next week or so, you should be fine for 9 June.

A colleague of mine had his GF's UK Visitor visa refused for similar reasons and re-applied within 2 weeks, addressing the issues raised by the ECO. His GF got a phone call 3 working days after the application was re-submitted and he expects to get the result today. So, it's pretty quick and if you address their concerns and re-apply in the next week or so, you should be fine for 9 June.

Thanks Brewster, that gives me a bit of confidence. Fingers crossed.

Its a bizarre reason for the decline on this occasion. Normally thats the stock response for declines but she clearly has a House and Car so not having reason to return is negated. Never heard of one declined if the application was as you say (not disputing that)

seen a lot like that rejected..in the end the girls did it there self..not a sponsor take her..

showed her own land and cash in the bank

Yea, same happened me, got refused-it was a generic reason as to why it was refused, which was total bullshit.

Anyway, supplied them with some more info-things like e-mail correspondent's from years ago, etc. Got it pretty quickly.

Did not use an agent-rip off bastards. Pretty easy doing it myself.

2 questions

How much did the agent charge you?

Thinking if applying again, how much is fee now?

A bit confused here - you're not from the UK, rollingstonedan? Australia? If so this will make it more difficult. And you're married to her? Mrs? this is a plus point but if you're not, it's a minus. She's got a house and a car? But a job? Because that's an important factor - they often want a letter from an employer saying that the applicant will be expected back art work, does work there, how long they've worked there etc. Agree with jimbo, you can do it yourself, but it depends how good you are with forms. They are being much stricter now - I know this from the many friends, and friends of friends, I have who are trying or have tried to bring wives, GF's, relatives of as well into the UK. I'm a bit good with forms and have helped quite a few of them. Many have been turned down on the grounds you have, but you have the right to appeal. First though, try again. That sometimes works, sometimes mysteriously.

A bit confused here - you're not from the UK, rollingstonedan? Australia? If so this will make it more difficult. And you're married to her? Mrs? this is a plus point but if you're not, it's a minus. She's got a house and a car? But a job? Because that's an important factor - they often want a letter from an employer saying that the applicant will be expected back art work, does work there, how long they've worked there etc. Agree with jimbo, you can do it yourself, but it depends how good you are with forms. They are being much stricter now - I know this from the many friends, and friends of friends, I have who are trying or have tried to bring wives, GF's, relatives of as well into the UK. I'm a bit good with forms and have helped quite a few of them. Many have been turned down on the grounds you have, but you have the right to appeal. First though, try again. That sometimes works, sometimes mysteriously.

I'm from the UK but live in Australia now. We are not married but have been together for over 6 years so it's pretty easy to prove we're serious.

She does have a job. She sings in a band and has done for the last 10 years but does not get any payslips. We could get a letter from her employer. The problem is we were advised by the agent that we should say she isn't working because she doesn't have payslips to prove employment. Now we can't change the story. I didn't feel right about this at the time but followed the advice from the professional.

I should've done it myself because I did a lot of my visa application for my residency in Australia myself and found it pretty easy. The reason I went with an agent was because I wanted it to go through quicker and with out grief. Guess I was wrong.

A bit confused here - you're not from the UK, rollingstonedan? Australia? If so this will make it more difficult.

What is you logic behind the last statement? IMO it is actually a positive as if you are going on holiday there is one less reason for her to stay. Even the Kiwis recognise this. If a NZ resident is supporting an application there are extra hurdles to jump over.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

What is you logic behind the last statement? IMO it is actually a positive as if you are going on holiday there is one less reason for her to stay. Even the Kiwis recognise this. If a NZ resident is supporting an application there are extra hurdles to jump over.

That's because the 'tourist visa' part went by me - straight through - one ear out the other.....or should it be from eye to brain which didn't register the information.....

Still, there are a lot of people from non-EU countries who have applied for tourist visas in the past, got them, and then disappeared, living somewhere in the country - some were deported if 'discovered' but that was an expensive business because nearly all of them were 'trained' to say they thought they were coming here to get a job as a maid and it turned out they were being used as sex slaves (that was their story) and they had no money and their passport had been taken off them, so they had a ticket home bought for them by the UK taxpayer and occasionally even a civil servant travelled with them to make sure they actually returned. After that the immigration people started just saying to those they caught that they would need to go to a police station every month or so and register, or sometimes the police got so sick of it they just let them go. So, to prevent that from happening the UK Border Agency has tried to cut off the supply. A lot of these were girls from Thailand who used to come over on a 'contract' paid for by another rThai living here, which they would have to pay back by working in a flat (brothel) or on the internet. So, I'm afraid that your missus is an innocent victim of this previous situation, but I do hope that she gets her visa and that you have a nice holiday here.

A colleague of mine had his GF's UK Visitor visa refused for similar reasons and re-applied within 2 weeks, addressing the issues raised by the ECO.  His GF got a phone call 3 working days after the application was re-submitted and he expects to get the result today. So, it's pretty quick and if you address their concerns and re-apply in the next week or so, you should be fine for 9 June.

As an update: my colleague's GF's Visitor visa was granted after they re-applied, even though 2 weeks earlier it had been rejected.  They fly to the UK on Thursday.

I think they refuse a lot of applications just to see if you will re apply, before we were married my wife got a visa to come to the UK

but her father got ill and she went home after about 2 wks. when she applied again they used that as a reason to refuse and told her to apply again in 6 month, I think sometimes in it just the luck of the draw, after all the UK is such a great place I don't know why I don't go back. ( oh just thought of 1000 reasons )

Luck of the draw and a money making scam, is it still the case that you have to pay the full fee again to re-apply.

Luck of the draw and a money making scam, is it still the case that you have to pay the full fee again to re-apply.

Yes, although you can apply online for a refund. I did and eventually I got it, although as you have to pay in US$ I lost out on the conversion back to UK£.

You weren't exact in your post about the exact reason it was refused so I will guess " having no real economic reason to return "

If that's the case my suggestions would be to have her bank account credit at 100,000 baht so she can meet her own costs in returning home if needed.

Secondly day an income. Regular sponsor amounts help as the derives income.

Lastly a letter from the employer stating leave from work is granted.

What was missing? Surely the agent knew this.........

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

word on the street is the main office in Bangkok is swamped with tourist visa applications and bulk apps are getting refused without being considered - just what I have been told by an ex-employee

You weren't exact in your post about the exact reason it was refused so I will guess " having no real economic reason to return "

If that's the case my suggestions would be to have her bank account credit at 100,000 baht so she can meet her own costs in returning home if needed.

Secondly day an income. Regular sponsor amounts help as the derives income.

Lastly a letter from the employer stating leave from work is granted.

What was missing? Surely the agent knew this.........

The agent told us to say she isn't employed because she had no proof of income as she gets paid cash. I help her out with bills and pay for the house so there's always money going into her account every month.

I have had to give copies of my bank statement to show I can support her whilst there. So I assumed that would be enough. The reason for refusal was that they thought she would over stay in uk and had nothing to return for. Now we are re applying we can't say she's employed because it won't match previous application.

word on the street is the main office in Bangkok is swamped with tourist visa applications and bulk apps are getting refused without being considered - just what I have been told by an ex-employee

Absolute bunkum

Absolute bunkum

you obviously have trouble reading - "just what I have been told"

I think what he meant was that what you was told was not correct. I suspect there is a lot of truth in that and I don't think it was a slight on you.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

So if they are getting refused without any consideration then what on earth is written on the refusal notice......??   Before you answer I have seen a refusal notice !!

What do they write !!  Pluck a reason out the air and hope to fuck it somewhow resembles what was written in the application......??

Absolute bunkum wherever you got it from. Embassy heads would roll if that came to light no matter how close to brown nosing Camerons backside they were

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Just a quick update to say the visa got accepted after applying the second time.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.

Hi guys. Just a quick update to say the visa got accepted after applying the second time.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.

Do you lose the fee on the first application and do you have to pay it again?

thanks

Do you lose the fee on the first application and do you have to pay it again?

thanks

I did it through the agent and they didn't charge any extra for the second application.

Archived