Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying a new car - Discount on list price ?

TigerWoods

Hello,

I might buy a new car and had a look at Nissan Almera and the Mitsubishi Attrage has anybody experience with those cars ? I found the top of the range Attrage with leather seats, sat nav, rear camera, Bluetooth and DVD/USB a good value for 590.000,-- THB.

My question is, is a further discount on the list price possible in Thailand ? In Germany you get up to 20% on the list price, depending on modell and manufacturer.

Asking about a Toyota Vios new car at discount in the PHILIPPINES , they said in high demand and so they would not discount it or sell one for cash , they would only sell it via finance purchase so as to get there high Interest . Other Toyota they sell for cash but no discount , I tried Mitsibushi Honda even Suzuki dealers buy for cash yes but no discount , WTF yes only in the Philippines , Knowing a financial advisor here in the PI he said why not buy a low millage Casa maintained car and  save a lot . I did just that looked around Casa dealers and got a 2012 Toyota Vios TRD just12000 kilometers absolutely as new Casa maintained car from a Toyota dealership, after some hard bargaining for half the price of a new one P460 .000 cash . delighted..

IN LOS no Idea though..

Rare to get discounts other then maybe a Few Options thrown in like Insurance for a year or Mats..Only small things usually but No Big discounts

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

they make money from the finance..so cash deal make no sence to them.

same they like  finance over  6 years or more...as i was told the longer the finance the more chance of a snatch back ..make money on that...then re sell and refinance the car

Last year I looked at both these models,both Nissan and Mitsub offered discount,s/incentives for cash and the offers vary from dealer to dealer ALSO variations in provinces (e,g, you,ll probably get a better deal in BKK rather than Patts) in the end I bought the Almera from a contact I,ve made over here and in just over 16 months I,ve put 40,000 kms on the clock without a hint of any problems,great budget car IMHO  :GoldenSmile1:

For resale value and dealer coverage you'd be better off following the Thais and buying a Honda City or Toyota Vios,

Difficult to get discounts as the sticker price is usually just that. Not same same in the West. I paid sticker price for a new Honda Click and got a free helmet, jacket, servicing and insurance.

I wouldn't be confident claiming on the insurance anytime soon lol

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Not sure if I understand. In a German auto dealership you can get 20% off the list price off a Nissan?

Or are you saying you can get 20% off list on a German made automobile in a German dealership?

That's a big discount on a new import where I come from....

For resale value and dealer coverage you'd be better off following the Thais and buying a Honda City or Toyota Vios,

Yes as in the PI Mitsibushi ad Nissan are not top of the pops maybe a discount but small ,they take a hit expensive part for Nissan are high and both have negatives especially when time comes to resale . Toyota and Honda the way to go I do believe. for a few BHTS more.

Last year I looked at both these models,both Nissan and Mitsub offered discount,s/incentives for cash and the offers vary from dealer to dealer ALSO variations in provinces (e,g, you,ll probably get a better deal in BKK rather than Patts) in the end I bought the Almera from a contact I,ve made over here and in just over 16 months I,ve put 40,000 kms on the clock without a hint of any problems,great budget car IMHO  :GoldenSmile1:

Good car but not pretty is it .

I have had TWO Almeras... EXCELLENT car... The ex-wife got the first one.....

Typically there isn't much movement on the price... When I bought mine, I sent an e-mail to all the dealers OUTSIDE of pattaya with a list of all the options I wanted.  I received 4 replies back and ended up going to BKK to purchase...

The prats in Pattaya would NOT deal on anything...

I bought an Attrage in 2014, got 30,000 off the list price. A very well specified car for the money.

My tip would be buy a previous years demonstrator.

Do they have dealer auctions in Thailand? See if a dealer can buy on commission there for you wholesale.

Good car but not pretty is it .

Matter of opinion :Think1:  I don,t buy anything on looks.............performance counts :GoldenSmile1:

buying a car here is like the Jewish clothing stores in LA.   The Jewish owner has his set price, once he tells you his price, thats it, he is not coming down.  but, he will start including stuff. Heres a belt free, not enough, how about a tie, some socks.   He will throw in stuff but keep the price.  same with car dealers here

buying a car here is like the Jewish clothing stores in LA.   The Jewish owner has his set price, once he tells you his price, thats it, he is not coming down.  but, he will start including stuff. Heres a belt free, not enough, how about a tie, some socks.   He will throw in stuff but keep the price.  same with car dealers here

Rubbish...............Mitsubishi offered me 30,000 baht discount and Nissan 20,000 + extras for cash sale...... both based here in Patts :Think1:

There is a problem with that analogy.

The jewish owner would then charge a "fashion tax" or "style tax" for the added belt / tie / socks.  This would end up being more then if you purchased all separate :)

Rubbish...............Mitsubishi offered me 30,000 baht discount and Nissan 20,000 + extras for cash sale...... both based here in Patts :Think1:

That's interesting. How long ago? Was that before the fire sale caused by Mitsubishi's bankruptcy?

That's interesting. How long ago? Was that before the fire sale caused by Mitsubishi's bankruptcy?

January last year.

Not sure if I understand. In a German auto dealership you can get 20% off the list price off a Nissan?

Or are you saying you can get 20% off list on a German made automobile in a German dealership?

That's a big discount on a new import where I come from....

I call BS , most dealers don't even make 20% on a new car . 

Stay away from Mitsub.   The only thing less reliable is a Volkswagen.

Based on what data? I've had a Mitsubishi and a VW and they were both 100% reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on what data? I've had a Mitsubishi and a VW and they were both 100% reliable.

I guess the poster above us referring to the economy cheating both companies are currently involved with.

Does it have anything to do with reliability though? Who knows.

Archived