Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Biometrics Now Required For Australian Visas

Scumbag

From the 3rd of May biometric information will need to be submitted with all visa applications for Australia that are lodged in Thailand. See details below.

It does state that 'some applicants lodging visas online may be sent a letter informing them that they need' to go to their office to provide this information. It will be interesting to see just how often it happens.

From 3 May 2016, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection will start collecting
biometric data from people in Thailand who are applying for a visa to Australia. Biometric data is
collected through a quick and easy process that captures a photograph of your face and a 10-digit
electronic fingerprint scan (the fingerprint scan does not use any ink).

The Biometrics in Offshore Visa Processing Programme is an Australian Government initiative
that is introducing biometric collection for most applicants for an Australian visa applying outside
of Australia. Starting in 2010, the Australian Government has introduced biometrics collection in
26 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and South America.

Biometrics will be collected from visa applicants of any nationality who are in Thailand at the time
of making a visa application to enter Australia, unless they are excluded or exempted from the
Programme*.

Visa applicants in Thailand who lodge their applications at the VFS Global Australian Visa
Application Centres (AVAC in Bangkok or Chiang Mai from 3 May 2016) will be asked to provide
their biometrics when they submit their application. A new AVAC will open in Chiang Mai on
3 May 2016 to provide services to clients who live in northern Thailand.

Visa applicants who mail their applications to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok will be sent a
letter requiring them to attend the AVAC, in person, to provide their biometrics.

Some applicants lodging visas online may be sent a letter informing them that they need to attend
the AVAC in person to provide their biometrics.

Submitting a complete visa application with all required supporting documentation at an AVAC,
and providing your biometrics at the same time, is the quickest and most efficient way to lodge a
visa application in Thailand.

Before you lodge your visa application, you will need to make an appointment by booking on the
VFS Global website or by calling or emailing VFS Global in Bangkok.

(source)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yep, along with the AU$7,000 price tag for a spousal visa, I'll be sure to get my beloved right the fuck on this.

You couldn't pay me enough to move back to Australia.

No idea why it has taken Australia so long to implement bioscans. Still can't figure out why it doesn't go further and be implemented by immigration at our airports like dome other countries.

Was reading the other day they are thinking of implementing id as you board domestic flights just as they do in Thailand but are fighting the airlines who are refusing to do it based on it takes to long to board a plane. Ludicrous situation to me.

I don't mind the bioscan itself - I've been bioscanned several times.

But AT THE AIRPORT, WHEN ENTERING. Not as a condition of obtaining a visa.

I don't mind the bioscan itself - I've been bioscanned several times.

But AT THE AIRPORT, WHEN ENTERING. Not as a condition of obtaining a visa.

This is about visas for foreign nationals to travel to Australia.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes, because God knows we don't want to admit any bad seeds into Australia

On my last trip to Philippines in Feb.....they did fingerprints.

FFs what next a sample of my thai wifes micky juice 555

Yes, I know.

I was speaking from the perspective of having been bioscanned in countries that are not Australia. At the airport. Without it being a condition of a visa.

Archived