IGNORED

some recomendations on koh chang wanted

paulyd2k

hi, I`ve been to koh chang  3 times already, but always stayed in white sands due to the guys I go with although I thought further up looked more livelyv and nicer,  so am thinking of popping down next month with a gik I have, but staying somewhere different, can anyone recommend some places up near kai bay or just somewhere decent that aint to pricey. also whats the best way to get there using minibus, as I always take the big bike but don't think she would like that. many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Kai Bae is a great area in Koh Chang with some great restuarants that stay open in low season.

I like the Kai Bae Beach Resort and the KB Resort both of which are right on the beach and are family owned and comfy.

Great places to stay.

Be warned though Koh Chang is quiet in late May and June. 

Cheapest is Minivan.  Best way car and driver 3500THB

Enjoy

We stayed at The Chill..it's a nice place. It's a little pricey if you book the pool access rooms....but if you stay on the 2nd floor it's alot cheaper....pools are infinity pools...and the free breakfast can be ordered at any time of the day and eat as much as you want.

I booked a car and drove myself...easy drive..

stayed at barali resort - nice beach and IMO the best value for money on a 4 star resort, although some things are a bit dated.

be careful that most so-called "beach resorts" on koh chang don't have a beach, just some rocks, and some resorts are even located on the other side of the road.

Archived