IGNORED

Danish resturant, bar or hotel?

Is there any Danish bar, resturant or hotel in Pattaya area that serve a decent sandwich (smorrebrod) with old smelling Danish Cheese. Nothing is better to start you up after a night with some beer!

Pellebkk!

Will let any danish BM`s tell you for sure,but there is a Danish run hotel on soi buakhao called hotel Dania, maybe a review in the accommodation section?

Globetrotter Restaurant on the small cut through from Soi 7 towards Central Rd at the Beach Rd end of Soi 7 has been there a long time and is reliable.

Don't know if you'll get smelly cheese but you'll certainly get open sandwiches. Decent salads & pizza too.

Otherwise, hotel Danmark on Soi Whitehouse (the Soi after Soi 7) in Jomtien.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Globetrotter is Swedish.

Yes but it's the sort of food he's after and the OP is Swedish according to his flag :-)

He also supports Swedish football & ice hockey teams - and Leeds Utd!

Yes I am Swedish! Thanx all, I will sure find some! If anyone has the guts to taste that cheese! I know they sell it at The Stable in Sukh Soi 8 in Bangkok! Real delicious!

Pellebkk!

Is there any Danish bar, resturant or hotel in Pattaya area that serve a decent sandwich (smorrebrod) with old smelling Danish Cheese. Nothing is better to start you up after a night with some beer!

Don't get your hopes up too much about cheese in Thailand. If you want the good stuff, you'd better be prepared to pay through your nose. If you can actually find what you want, that is. Personally, I crave some crisp bread with Västerbotten cheese from time to time, when I'm there. But I endure, so I can invest all my money in sangsom and loose women instead ;)

Smørrebrød, I've seen in quite a few places. But with smelly cheese? Hmm, not really.

Yes but it's the sort of food he's after and the OP is Swedish according to his flag :-)

I applaud your will to help, but I also have to say that this particular branch of Danish cuisine is something that's diverged a bit more than usual from the other countries around here. Sure we have some good stuff too, of course. But in terms of sandwiches alone, it would be silly to pretend that we have anything on the Danes. They've made it into a sort of art form.

Don't get your hopes up too much about cheese in Thailand. If you want the good stuff, you'd better be prepared to pay through your nose. If you can actually find what you want, that is. Personally, I crave some crisp bread with Västerbotten cheese from time to time, when I'm there. But I endure, so I can invest all my money in sangsom and loose women instead ;)

Smørrebrød, I've seen in quite a few places. But with smelly cheese? Hmm, not really.

I applaud your will to help, but I also have to say that this particular branch of Danish cuisine is something that's diverged a bit more than usual from the other countries around here. Sure we have some good stuff too, of course. But in terms of sandwiches alone, it would be silly to pretend that we have anything on the Danes. They've made it into a sort of art form.

I thought Sweden was like Denmark but with more expensive beer

• 2 weeks later...

hotel Dania at southern Soi Buakhao. Here is the website with the restaurant menu also: http://hoteldaniapattaya.com/english/

I have stayed there and it was the pleasant stay. The owner is the nice chap and they recently supersized the place by taking the neighboring Tina's Suite as the part of their hotel. Never had the smorrebrod but some of the BMs have said they were good.

Thanks a lot all BM:s I think dish 33 in hotel Danias menu is the right cheese! I will sure try it when I am in Pattaya in October! Here is 2 real tasty brands of Danish cheese!

Danish cheese!.jpg

Pellebkk!

im not sure about the name ,but the place on soi diana with the old danish motorbike nimbus is atleast run by a dane i was told by a danish gentleman  its opposite the outdoor bars t papagaio

im not sure about the name ,but the place on soi diana with the old danish motorbike nimbus is atleast run by a dane i was told by a danish gentleman  its opposite the outdoor bars t papagaio

Kronborg

• 2 months later...

Archived