Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where to Catch Public Bus to Rayong?

Gunso

Hi, anyone know if there's a regular bus service from Pattaya to Rayong, and where I might catch it?

The reason I would like to go there because I want to catch a baht bus from Rayong to Ban Phe and take the ferry to Ko Samet. Your advices are welcome if there is any other cheap means to travel to Ban Phe Pier directly from Pattaya. :Thanks3:

Many thanks for your advices in advanced. :Bow2:

You can catch a public bus to Rayon anywhere on Sukhumvit Road. Just stand there and when one comes along with Bangkok-Rayong on the side you flag it down.

Otherwise the buses depart from the Sukhumvit Road bus station, not the one in Pattaya Nua that services Bangkok.

The buses are the same as the ones to Bangkok i.e. a little tatty but air-conned and fairly comfortable. I think the cost is around 50 baht.

One word of advice. The bus to Rayong goes all the way round the peninsula NOT the highway that cuts the corner.

Pattaya - Rayong via the highway is about 45km

Pattaya - Rayong along the coast road is about double that.

In addition unlike the 120km to Bangkok bus this bus stops every few hundred metres, especially at rush hour times. It can often take 2 hours+ to do the 90km

Therefore the time element might justify a taxi which can get there along the highway in under 40 minutes. Also a taxi would take you direct to the ferry pier saving more hassle of changing.

Finally, go to travel agency shop - there are probably regular mini-bus routes to Ban Phe as Samet is very popular with Thais, so you share costs. I would GUESS maybe 300 baht per person.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! :GoldenSmile1:

Do I need to go to a bus stop in Sukhumvit Road or I can just stop them anywhere along the road?

What is the different between bus departure from Sukhumvit Road bus station and those from Bangkok-Rayong?

Many thanks!