IGNORED

Blacklisted for 2 day overstay

ssparks111

Not sure what's going on, but here's what's happened...My Chinese wife (mainland passport) was just denied a tourist visa. The agent we used said it was because she had a 2 day overstay back in 2012. But her name was just put onto the list a few months ago. We paid the overstay at the airport on the way out, and she got the stamp in her passport for the overstay and paying the fine. We have been back to Thailand 2 times since then and she got a visa both times no problems.

But the Thai Embassy here in Beijing just told her she was banned from entering Thailand for 1 year, starting from the time her name was put into the system.

The visa agent suggested covering the stamp with a visa already in her passport. Thinking maybe some clerk decided to reject her visa based on the stamp and she actually isn't on the blacklist.

Something seems really wrong here. I thought the blacklisting was for 90 days or more of overstay. And why is there a punishment for an overstay 4 years ago?

Has anyone heard of this happening?

Go and post that over on Thaivisa. The "experts" will be apoplectic with rage and indignation !!

I'd suggest something is not quite right because reams of posters would be coming forward with similar accounts.

Go and post that over on Thaivisa. The "experts" will be apoplectic with rage and indignation !!

I'd suggest something is not quite right because reams of posters would be coming forward with similar accounts.

555 that was funny .

overstay bans did not come into effect til march this year and are only relevant for an overstay of more than 90 days , 

sounds like your wife got a over zealous prick that does not understand the rules , do not cover with an old sticker , ask for a supervisor that knows what the real regulations are . 

Sounds a bit fishy ... if all the guys who have had a few days overstay in the past are getting banned there will be some problems . 

Yeah, mine was one day  because I  went  to Bnagkok and after waiting 3 hours  was told to go to Jomtiem. This  was after an official checked my papers when  I joined the bloody  queue

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

We'll go to the visa office tomorrow and see if we can find out any info. One thing I read on another site is that the Embassies sometimes don't even check the blacklist for visa issues. They will issue a visa regardless and once you turn up at immigration, THAT is when you will be checked, when you are trying to enter Thailand.

So not sure what to expect at the Embassy tomorrow.....

So, we made it into Thailand no problems.  The lady at the Embassy in Beijing told us that since my wife had so many Thai visas in her passport, she thought it "looked suspicious" so she decided to deny it that time. 

We went and told her we vacation as a family here frequently and she said that next time, there wouldn't be a problem for a visa.  But this time, since it was already denied, she couldn't change it.  But my wife was allowed to enter on a VOA.

So, we made it into Thailand no problems. The lady at the Embassy in Beijing told us that since my wife had so many Thai visas in her passport, she thought it "looked suspicious" so she decided to deny it that time.

We went and told her we vacation as a family here frequently and she said that next time, there wouldn't be a problem for a visa. But this time, since it was already denied, she couldn't change it. But my wife was allowed to enter on a VOA.

Like your wife, I have lots of visas in my passport, as I'm not retirement age visa eligibility. I have never had an issue getting a visa and suggest the lady at the Embassy is making it up (full of BS) or there is racism associated with denying your wife's visa. I travel in and out regularly, but it's been years since I overstayed. A suggested solution, is to get your wife a new passport and I think your problems will be solved.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

The most obvious answer is to avoid overstay.

I am not exactly sure how one could "accidently" overstay that is of no fault of their own.

Like your wife, I have lots of visas in my passport, as I'm not retirement age visa eligibility. I have never had an issue getting a visa and suggest the lady at the Embassy is making it up (full of BS) or there is racism associated with denying your wife's visa. I travel in and out regularly, but it's been years since I overstayed. A suggested solution, is to get your wife a new passport and I think your problems will be solved.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

A new passport was our next plan.  But I don't think there will be any problems from now on.  Embassy lady said come in person for the visa, don't use an agent, and she will approve the visa.

And the overstay actually wasn't her fault, we paid for a visa run but the company driver never came to pick her up.  They arranged for an alternate time, but it was after the visa expired.  So we ended up just booking a flight out and paid at the airport. 

Thinking maybe some clerk decided to reject her visa based on the stamp and she actually isn't on the blacklist.

I believe that this is the right conclusion.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I believe that this is the right conclusion.

Yup, exactly what happened.  Agent didn't know there was a difference between "denied" and "blacklist".

The most obvious answer is to avoid overstay.

I am not exactly sure how one could "accidently" overstay that is of no fault of their own.

This country is opening both arms and legs to welcome so called "tourists" and lenient to those who accidentally overstay... thus u can see, hear funny people main reason for overstay is forgetting when they need to get out of the country. "Tourists" are taking immigration related matters lightly.

• 3 weeks later...

It's amazing the power that some officials can wield and when unchecked the damage it can do to someone

It's amazing the power that some officials can wield and when unchecked the damage it can do to someone

In this case it is very easy to avoid. Being complacent is not an excuse authorities are interested in.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I to have had loads of overstays, I`m useless at remembering to go on time, even up to 2 weeks on times,lol, I even went to the Philippines and didn't get a re-entry visa and got away with it,lol. even my 90 days 2 weeks ago I was a bit over, I have been lucky on several different occasions, even doing my year visa,

I have a 3 - 4 week overstay on my passport, paid for at the airport and still managed to get into Thailand 1 Month ago (April) with no issues.

I to have had loads of overstays, I`m useless at remembering to go on time, even up to 2 weeks on times,lol, I even went to the Philippines and didn't get a re-entry visa and got away with it,lol. even my 90 days 2 weeks ago I was a bit over, I have been lucky on several different occasions, even doing my year visa,

Enjoy it while it lasts. U might be sharing a cell with strangers whom also have bad memory. 

Archived