Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Satay Gai. Why couldn't I find it in Pattaya?

I recently traveled to Pattaya for the first time. Loved it and the food was great. Ate in the hotel, resto's & street food but no matter where I went no one knew about Thai satay sticks - satay gai or satay nua with that very tasty spicy peanut sauce. I could get the sticks of meat on the street only but everyone including my Thai girl & the people at the hotel looked at me as if I was speaking in swahili or something when it came to the peanut sauce. These things are common in every thai resto & takeaway in Australia but not in Pattaya Thailand itself! Is it a regional thing? :question1:

I think the peanut sauce thing is Malaysian rather than Thai. What you get in.restuarants In Aus like in the uk, bares no resembelance to what is authentic. I have never seen peanut sauce .from street stalls

It is sad there is no peanut sauce with Satay meat sticks in Thailand.

When I lived in California - I LOVED Beef Satay with peanut sauce!   YUMMY!!!

It is difficult to find beef in Thailand (Except expensive imported Australian beef - which is quite tasty!) let alone peanut sauce.

Maybe if things get bad enough in Amerika - some Thai's will return to Thailand and open an American style Thai restaurant featuring a menu - with both chicken and beef Satay - with delicious peanut sauce for dipping!

And "In 'N Out' cheeseburgers too.

Leng Kee is the only place I have found it in Pattaya.

Up North, much more common. Spent a week in Chiang Rai. ate satee every day. Soon as I walked through the door of the bar, they put a few on The Grill.

I see it in many places but usually moo

It's Leng Kee for me also.

Plus ....

Fra Pattaya just up from Walking Street entrance.

Beer Garden.

The Satay Stall at the Soi BuaKhao market on Tuesday and Fridays.

I could go on, if I had more time.

Just near the big buakhow market in direction of pattaya tai they sell moo and chiken satay with peanuts sauce ( market day)

Around 20 sticks for 100 baht . Aroi for me

You can find it in many places. Noodle soup places, the big ones, often have it. There are several on Sukhumvit.

Quite a few places have it but as others have said, Leng Kee Restaurant cnr Pattaya Klang and Soi Buakhao does it the best. See it getting ordered so much there it's almost their signature dish! 

Surf Kitchen on Beach Road near soi 5 in Jomtien has it too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Chicken Satay w/ Peanut Sauce in on the menu at The Golf Club, Soi LK Metro (next door to Devil's Den)

Maybe you can try Tepparasit Market. Think I saw it there 

• 4 weeks later...

Cucumber Restaurant opposite Tukcon on South Pattaya Road sell it - Very Big - Very Nice.

As said, Lengkee on Pattaya Klang and Fra Pattaya just off Walking Street heading back up to Second Road. 

There is also a street cart on Soi 6 that pops by on occasion. 

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

Satays originated in Indonesia. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived