IGNORED

Pattaya Post office open today 13th?

splitpin

Having discovered that Kasikorn is closed 13 & 14, I've been checking and I believe the Post Office will at least be closed those days and probably through to 17 if that's what their website says.

Does anyone know when Jomtien Immigration is open/closed?

Immigration closed from today till 20th

Thanks. Good to know.

Immigration closed from today till 20th

Where did you see that please - poster on Thaivisa says he was down there today and the sign on the door says closed 2 days open 15th, same as the bank?

Where did you see that please - poster on Thaivisa says he was down there today and the sign on the door says closed 2 days open 15th, same as the bank?

Ok thats where I thought I read it, just having a deeper look it does seem a bit confusing

"The Songkran holiday in Thailand is from April 13 to 15, 2016 where all government offices are closed"

http://www.thaiimmigration.net/thai-immigration-pattaya.html

16th and 17th Saturday Sunday closed anyway

But can you see the Jomtien office open 18th 19th? not so sure, but they well might be, the guy in the link above says maybe!!

So please don't follow my post it could well be wrong, sorry if it confused anyone

Ok thats where I thought I read it, just having a deeper look it does seem a bit confusing

"The Songkran holiday in Thailand is from April 13 to 15, 2016 where all government offices are closed"

http://www.thaiimmigration.net/thai-immigration-pattaya.html

16th and 17th Saturday Sunday closed anyway

But can you see the Jomtien office open 18th 19th? not so sure, but they well might be, the guy in the link above says maybe!!

So please don't follow my post it could well be wrong, sorry if it confused anyone

:LOL2:  up too late - I went and had a look and closed for sure today and you're probably right about 18 & 19 being doubtful too.

Same Q re' banks - Kasikorn still closed near TukCom today.

20th should be heaps of fun.   

I have been in a number of countries and can say this, The Thai post office on Soi post office is a class outfit.  Friendly efficient and helpful people at the right price.  Items I have send overseas have always gotten there and on time.  Doesn't mean I always received the items as some countries seem to have post offices just to rip people of. I am not going to name another country just that my bad experience was in South America.  Pataya is best.

There is a bright spot in the immigration office being closed. Who needs a passport soaked by a swift bucket of water.  it could well ruin your passport to the tune of being rejected for your next trip.  Yady Yah, I know put it in a baggy but what about if you forgot that and got saved by knowing, from reading PA not to go to immigration at all when the water is flying?

Archived