Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

3BB and VDSL

Billyboy294

3BB have a  new VDSL service and you can get 20/4 for 590 baht (plus tax) . same as you are paying for 10/2. just now

I phoned 3BB 1530 and asked about getting 20 compared with the 10 I am paying for now (actually I normally get 11.5). They said it was not automatic and to  go to the shop in Big C Extra which I did.

The situation is,  in order to get 20/4 you have to pay a deposit of 1500 to get a 3BB router. I said I had just bought a TP Link Router as advised to better use my Minix box. They said you need to get the 3BB Router in order to get 20/4.

However,the good news. Existing customers will automatically get 18/? but you might have to wait a week or two in order to get it. Some already have.

So those paying 590,  do an Ookla and check your speed , you might be lucky..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Yes i am just waiting for the 18, not worth the hassle to get an extra 2.

i just got mine upgraded from tot for free including router, but from 10-15 but getting downloads of 18 a lot of the time, sweeeeet, well happy for 590bht

3BB have a  new VDSL service and you can get 20/4 for 590 baht (plus tax) . same as you are paying for 10/2. just now

I phoned 3BB 1530 and asked about getting 20 compared with the 10 I am paying for now (actually I normally get 11.5). They said it was not automatic and to  go to the shop in Big C Extra which I did.

The situation is,  in order to get 20/4 you have to pay a deposit of 1500 to get a 3BB router. I said I had just bought a TP Link Router as advised to better use my Minix box. They said you need to get the 3BB Router in order to get 20/4.

However,the good news. Existing customers will automatically get 18/? but you might have to wait a week or two in order to get it. Some already have.

So those paying 590,  do an Ookla and check your speed , you might be lucky..

I only get 10.00/0.61.

I am not a technical guy but I rent a room that has free wifi but its poor. Then run a cable in for internet for 500b a month but I am told from others it still not really good speed. So I havent got the cable in yet .

Can I get a better speed from buying monthly internet for my phone and using this as a hotspot. I am with AIS for my phone , can someone advise me if they have a good internet package or is some of the other providers better.

As far as I am aware I think the owners of the apartments do not allow a separate wire and router to be brought into the building.

Cheers guys for any who can help.

• 8 months later...

I presently pay 599 Baht to 3BB for 18/3 Mb

They are now  advertising 30/5 Mb  for 590 baht. (I assume plus tax)

Any one have any experience of this?

I recently changed from 30 to 50 at 3bb and through the 3bb one I only got 250 Mbit out of it, I ended up doing the opposite of what they told you and set up my own router with all the settings and it worked. The tp link I have provided pre made settings for 3bb

I presently pay 599 Baht to 3BB for 18/3 Mb

They are now  advertising 30/5 Mb  for 590 baht. (I assume plus tax)

Any one have any experience of this?

If you live where I think you live is VDSL available?

I was told that TOT plan to bring it in some time in the New Year but 3BB have no current plan.

Is that incorrect?

I was told that TOT plan to bring it in some time in the New Year but 3BB have no current plan.

Is that incorrect?

Not sure but 3BB seem prepared to set up the new 30/5 service in a friends room on the 14th Floor. I am on the 15th..

I believe it involved the Condo technician running up a new line to his room for 1000 baht and probably 1500 bt for a new 3BB Router.. He has the normal 3BB service just now.

He is not intending to take it for now.

I just changed from 3BB's 10mbs ADSL to 30/5 VDSL, same price 590 baht. Needed a new line to my condo though and a new router/modem. Works fine, i might go to the 50/10 next year for an extra 110 baht a month.

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2016 at 0:19 PM, wtfname said:

Is that incorrect?

You are correct. About a week ago a team of people from TOT came to the Condo and were offering to those who have their internet a new VDSL service. You needed a new router and they were offering to part exchange for your old one for 800 baht. If you only had the line you could buy the router for 2000 baht.

I thought that you needed a special new cable line to your room to get VDSL but apparently not. I think they were offering 50 Mbps for about 750 baht but had another two cheaper packages. If you did not take up the offer then you would have to wait about 2 weeks.

I asked a boss lady if they could do it for me with my TT&T line with 3BB.  I pay my bill to TOT. She said  yes, although a younger girl had earlier told me 'no'..

I will think about it but 3BB is ok for me just now. 18/5 for 590 baht and perhaps they will do the same if they are going to lose customers.

Today I received a letter  from TOT in Thai.

I asked a girl in the Condo office what it was about and she said TOT have taken over TT&T (which i have with 3BB). For some time i have been getting my phone line bill from TOT.

While i did not expect her to do a complete translation i asked does that mean i can get TOT  VDSL internet and she said yes. I got the impression she had seen this letter before as she just took a quick look at it..

At the end of January I saw the leaflet in the 3BB shop in Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang and inquired about it.

I was already on the B590 per month plan (631.25 per month inc.tax).

She said I needed a new router and that was all, I bought their new one and she did the necessary online changes.

I set the new VDSL router up myself and waited a few days while everything still worked as it always did, then BOOM! ~ The speeds doubled.

Now it has increased again to 55Mb/s down, 12Mb/s up. The price is still B590 per month ((631.25 per month inc.tax).

I'm very happy with 3BB.

6135220910.png

Clip0001.jpg

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

• 2 months later...

That's interesting  What was the cost of the Router. I have just got HDPrime.tv and there is a bit of buffering so i am tempted to try it.  I normally get 17.5 with 3BB.

I assume you just take the leads out of your old router and put them in the new one.

I just run a speed check. I have 3BB 50/10 (hp) package with a VDSL 4 PORT WIFI Router. Had to pay for a year upfront about 8k from memory.

IMG_0074.PNG

Archived