IGNORED

tourist visa application question

cockblocker43

Im currently looking at applying for a tourist visa for a trip this summer.

On the visa application it asks for name and address of a reference person in thailand.I don't personally know anyone in thailand so I have no idea what to put.

Any suggestions?

It's optional.  I assume you are doing this by mail to one of their locations in the states?  I have been doing it for 19 years and it is pretty simple but do it RIGHT and you get better service.

Recebtly they have cracked down on all the requirements.  They want a copy of your return ticket and all the rest they list.  My advice is to also include a cover letter.  I can't swear to it but I think they cosider you more important with one and do your visa faster.  Or I'm deluding myself.  Either could be true.

But I have never put a reference down and never had an issue.

Im currently looking at applying for a tourist visa for a trip this summer.

Just out of curiosity, why? 

You get 30 days on arrival. You can easily extend that here for 7 days, so there is 37 days.

Or...

You can do a visa run and turn 30 into another 60 that can be extended here for another 30. 

So, again, why?

You get 30 days on arrival. You can easily extend that here for 7 days, so there is 37 days.

Or...

You can do a visa run and turn 30 into another 60 that can be extended here for another 30. 

So, again, why?

90 day visa thru the Thai Embassy in Australia I had to put in the same info the OP is asking about..

Extension is 1900 baht..... 70 bucks in our money...  SETV is 45 bucks.   60 days straight up, with the option to extend   a further 30 days...

It's optional.  I assume you are doing this by mail to one of their locations in the states?  I have been doing it for 19 years and it is pretty simple but do it RIGHT and you get better service.

Recebtly they have cracked down on all the requirements.  They want a copy of your return ticket and all the rest they list.  My advice is to also include a cover letter.  I can't swear to it but I think they cosider you more important with one and do your visa faster.  Or I'm deluding myself.  Either could be true.

But I have never put a reference down and never had an issue.

Yes,I am applying by mail to their New York location.I figured the Thailand reference person was optional ,but just wanted to make sure.

Or...

So, again, why?[/quote

So it's all taken care of and I dont have to worry about it while on holiday.

But mostly to avoid any issues boarding my flight since my return flight isn't for 58 days after arrival.

I have always used my first hotel as the contact.  Usually get my passport back within a week

Didn't realise that info was still required in some countries. That has been deleted from the new visa app form in Australia after the change in November last year.

Didn't realise that info was still required in some countries. That has been deleted from the new visa app form in Australia after the change in November last year.

It changes in the US.  One year no bank info is required the next it is.  My last one I sent in February.  They actually called me to tell me they needed a copy of my return ticket and bank info.  Mind you they hadn't actually cared for at least 5 years.  And I normally don't have a return ticket as I am a regular visitor and learned that the same exact flights with EVA traveling BKK-LAX-BKK in 1st class costs at least $1000 less than one going LAX-BKK-LAX.   

Forced me to buy my ticket early.  Weird.  You'd think after 19 years of doing this they would give me an honorary pass cause they should realize all I do is spend LOTS OF MONEY playing golf, eating and drinking in Pattaya.

If you look at the directions that accompany the visa application form (at least for the LA consulate), it says 'if known' for the guarantor in Thailand. If you don't have one, you can leave it blank.

Source: I have left it blank twice (including this year) and received a visa, no pompem.

It changes in the US.  One year no bank info is required the next it is.  My last one I sent in February.  They actually called me to tell me they needed a copy of my return ticket and bank info.  Mind you they hadn't actually cared for at least 5 years.  And I normally don't have a return ticket as I am a regular visitor and learned that the same exact flights with EVA traveling BKK-LAX-BKK in 1st class costs at least $1000 less than one going LAX-BKK-LAX.   

Forced me to buy my ticket early.  Weird.  You'd think after 19 years of doing this they would give me an honorary pass cause they should realize all I do is spend LOTS OF MONEY playing golf, eating and drinking in Pattaya.

What he is saying is that on the forms used in Australia they no longer ask for contact details of a person in Thailand.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived