IGNORED

Time between tourist visas to UK

Mr David

My girlfriend (now wife) came over to the UK on a tourist visa and went back to Thailand in January.

Can someone tell how much time needs to be left between visa applications? Some people are saying you need to leave 3 months and others 6 months.

She will only be coming over on standard tourist visa for less than six months as I'll be moving out there before it runs out.

Thanks

Can they come on a Tourist Visa once you're married. Couldn't back in the 90's when I did it but maybe changed now.....??

Can they come on a Tourist Visa once you're married. Couldn't back in the 90's when I did it but maybe changed now.....??

Yes it looks like it as its just called a visitors visa if less than six months. Says ' Apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you’re visiting the UK for a holiday or to visit family or friends'

its 6 months before you can re-enter UK... You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK..... If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit. 

Hope that helps

so if you intend only to have your wife over every 6 months....  I would apply for a 5 0r 10 year multiple visa state your intention is to live 6 months here 6 months Thailand hence you are not looking for permanent residence for your wife at present moment 

When you applied for the original tourist visa how long did you say she was intending to stay(UK) ....& how long did she actually stay?

When you applied for the original tourist visa how long did you say she was intending to stay(UK) ....& how long did she actually stay?

Only said a month which she did stay last August to September but as it was a multiple entry visa valid for 6 months she came back in October and returned the day her visa ran out in January.

Since then we have also been to Greece for a few weeks on a Schengen visa which was very easy to get being the wife of a EU citizen.

I believe tourist visa's are six months on six months off.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

Somebody was saying in another thread if the time spent in the UK was longer than the time estimated when applying for the 1st visa ...then it might go against a 2nd visa unless you had a good reason for the difference.

In Australia the law is different. 'Tourist visas are for Tourist reasons' (holidaying) so once immigration decides enough TVs have been granted,

You're forced to apply for a migration visa (Partner or Fiancé) visa.

You can then apply for a Tourist Visa that may be granted for up to 12 months.

But if you apply for a 'Family' sponsored visa for her, the maximum is 3 months.

Best to speak to your Embassy directly .....but in Thailand.

Reply I had from UK visa helpline. Not convinced though they have understood what I was asking so have emailed them again.

Dear David XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry

Service.

With regards to your email, please be advised that she can apply for the UK

visa whenever she wishes to.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please

refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select

appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form and complete

as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,

Ishfaq I.

UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the

service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for

improvements. http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/130335JPJLG

Thank you in advance for your time.

Another response. She can apply for another visa but as she has already been in the UK for 4 months out of 12 then even if she receives 6 months multi entry, can only stay for two months.

Dear David Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry

service.

With regards to your query, you may apply for a visa at any time. Please be

aware that you may only enter the UK for up to 6 months out of any given 12

month period on a visitor visa.

We strongly recommend not to book prepaid travel and accommodation before

receiving the visa.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please

refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select

appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and

complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,

Kirsty

UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the

service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for

improvements.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/S/130335JPJLG

Thank you in advance for your time.

Thanks ...hope you keep your thread updated on how the 2nd visa application plays out.

• 1 month later...

its 6 months before you can re-enter UK... You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK..... If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.

Hope that helps

so if you intend only to have your wife over every 6 months.... I would apply for a 5 0r 10 year multiple visa state your intention is to live 6 months here 6 months Thailand hence you are not looking for permanent residence for your wife at present moment

Thanks ...hope you keep your thread updated on how the 2nd visa application plays out.

Update.

I believe tourist visa's are six months on six months off.

She has received her visa today. Application went in on 12th May (Thursday) and decision made on 18th May (Wednesday).

She has already been over to the UK twice in the last 9 months but only stayed a total of 4 months out of her 6 month entitlement.

I can confirm it does not really matter how many visitor visa's she has in a 12 month period or how many times she visits the UK as long as she does not spend any longer than 6 months out of a 12 month period in the UK. In fact I detailed all of her stays in my letter from sponsor to point out that she has always returned on time and is entitled to stay another two months out of the 12 month period.

I think there is some misunderstanding here by many who think that you need to wait six months before you apply again, including advice given to me by two visa agents!!!!

It's the time spent in the UK that counts not the length of the visa in your passport. You can have a six month Multi visa in your passport and go to the UK for 1 month, return to Thailand and then go to the UK 4 months later and stay another month (total stay 2 months). Return to Thailand and immediately apply for another visa to spend another 4 months in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

The ECO will be looking at :

Previous time spent in the UK

Previous applications are also a point of reference.If an applicant indicated the intention was to stay 1 month & they perhaps stayed the full 6 for example.

The general guidance is visitors should not normally spend anymormore than 6 months out of 12 in the UK.

This guidance has been updated recently but the eco may use his/her discretion.

Further guidance as per :

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Archived