Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Does vehicle insurance transfer with a used vehicle

bigbird

As the topic states I an buying an 18 month old pickup. It currently has a first class insurance policy that has 6 months to run and my question is does this transfer with the vehicle or do I need to purchase a new policy and cancel the old one

Depends on the former owner and insurance company . Some companies won't return any money or transfer it to

the new car of the owner so it stays with the old car . Some companies do and depends on the owner if he leaves

it with the old car as a selling point or transfer it to his new car . 

Hi Jerry thanks for the quick response, the seller is not buying another car and he said it can stay with the current vehicle I am buying. Do I need to notify the insurance company of Change of ownership or is that done with the blue book transfer?

Hi Jerry thanks for the quick response, the seller is not buying another car and he said it can stay with the current vehicle I am buying. Do I need to notify the insurance company of Change of ownership or is that done with the blue book transfer?

I would inform the insurance company you're the new owner . 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep all good. Insurance was with Vera and 5 min at a branch with the transferred blue book and the transferred the insurance on the spot

The policy can only be canceled buy turning in the original policy papers.. so ask the seller to provide them.

--- Is it in yet?

Archived