IGNORED

Meeting Point at Bangkok Airport

iballooka

Can anyone give any up to date info on being met at Bangkok Airport by friends???

Where they have to go, to meet arrivals, heard so many conflicting reports...

The airport web site is all but useless for info....

If your being met by the hotel courtesy car are they still allowed to wait near the main exit or have they too been shifted???

Seems like they have made a real hassle out a simple task...

Met someone off International flight a month ago and they'd changed layout since my last time through, I wandered along, not paying much attention to familiar surroundings when I heard a voice saying 'You, Stop!' which of course I ignored as being just another taxi tout, in fact it was security, because they'd extended the secure area as you come out of customs.

Assuming they don't change things again, tell your passenger to come through customs area and then turn right once they come out into main concourse area, then walk until they pass out of cordoned off area, you could meet them just there, or else a little further on (by entrance 3, if I recall correctly) is the official Meeting Point with large overhead sign.

Anyone else been through more recently?

The exits are clearly marked 1 - 10 (or whatever) just pick a number and wait

As Rob says its very simple. Just tell the person to pick a number.

I arrived at BKK airport twice in August. On both occasions I was told by the pre-booked taxi to wait by entrance three.

Not sure if that is the same for non taxi meetings though.

Cheers Mick

Entrance 3 is swarmed by taxi people and others meeting people.

Entrance 9 is much of the same but mainly hotel shuttles. This is also the entrance you will be outside of when exiting Immigrations.

I would suggest somewhere between Entrances 5 - 7 if you're just meeting a few friends.

When is it my turn in the barrel?

The security policy is always changing. The time before last when i arrived they were restricting access to the arrival level. last time it was back to normal. I suspect the next time it will be different again.

MY GF lives in Bangkok so she gets a taxi from her room and picks me up at the airport on hte way through. When IK am ready to be picked up I call here and tell her which door I am near. If your friend is in a taxi you will need to meet them on the departure level as the taxi could get into trouble for picking people up on the arrival area without doing it properly.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....