IGNORED

Some Forums don't show in 'View New Content'

davidge

I usually just use 'View New Content' when reading the forum as it saves me ploughing through each section.

I just realised that the 'Buy/Sell/Rent Property' section (sorry if that's not the exact name, hopefully you know what I mean!) doesn't show up.

I even 'followed' the section but it still didn't show up?

I guess I'm going to have change how I read the forum???

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I usually just use 'View New Content' when reading the forum as it saves me ploughing through each section.

I just realised that the 'Buy/Sell/Rent Property' section (sorry if that's not the exact name, hopefully you know what I mean!) doesn't show up.

I even 'followed' the section but it still didn't show up?

I guess I'm going to have change how I read the forum???

Are you viewing from a computer or Smartphone? Have you checked your settings from a computer? Your settings may have been automatically set to exclude certain forums when you set up your profile originally.

I always use an iPad.

I'm not aware that I've blocked any forums?

I've tried checking settings but I'll have another look.

Edit: nothing I can see in Settings that would cause this. The Filter is set to show everything.

I always use an iPad.

I'm not aware that I've blocked any forums?

I've tried checking settings but I'll have another look.

Yes, I'm not saying you consciously blocked any forums. Web sites read the screen size from which you are viewing the page, and automatically give you an appropriate view/version for that device. So the options might vary depending on which device you are using.

Those sections are not intended for discussion so I assume that's why they don't show up as such.

AFAIK you have to choose to go there.

It just seems odd that it appears to be only that specific forum?

The 'Buy & Sell' forum shows up as does the 'Business Owners'.

So, it doesn't show for anyone in 'new content'?

It just seems odd that it appears to be only that specific forum?

The 'Buy & Sell' forum shows up as does the 'Business Owners'.

So, it doesn't show for anyone in 'new content'?

It doesn't seem odd to me. If the forum administrators set up new users by excluding that profit only forum, that would explain both the why and the how.

Do something right now, take a look at the very bottom of this page, centre. Do you see the words Full Version? If so, click on it, and tell me if the view changes. If it did, that means the features also changed, and you might have access to different options in your profile.

No but I see 'Use Mobile Version' which I assume means I am using the full version.

No but I see 'Use Mobile Version' which I assume means I am using the full version.

Yes, probably. Most modern sites have multiple screen size versions, but it sounds like this one has only two. So this means if there is an option to change that setting to one which makes all the forums viewable from the New Content screen, it's not available to users.

Maybe a request to the moderators to see if they can broaden it to include this forum for that view?

Thanks for suggestions anyway.

I guess the Mods may be saving us from repeated posts by dodgy agents :-)

If that's how things are set up then no worries. I just wondered if I'd done something to settings without being aware of it.

Thanks for suggestions anyway.

I guess the Mods may be saving us from repeated posts by dodgy agents :-)

If that's how things are set up then no worries. I just wondered if I'd done something to settings without being aware of it.

I'm sure you're right. I use a strip club site here in the USA which has repeated posts from a moving company in India. Talk about dodgy agents

Archived