IGNORED

NEW COUP IS A MATTER OF CONCERN?

heaven on earth

HEY FELLOWS, I AM NOW CONFUSED ABOUT THE COUP THING HAPPENING IN THAILAND. I PLAN MY VISIT TO PATTAYA NEXT WEEK JUST WHEN I GOT THE NEWS OF MILITARY COUP IN THAILAND. I WANT TO KNOW FROM MY EX PAT FRIENDS HOW DOES THIS THING AFFECT US, WE TOURIST IN PATTS OR IN BANGKOK, WHAT HAPPENS TO TOURIST ALREADY THERE BEFORE THE COUP , DO WE GET STUCK UP OR SOMETHING OR IS IT LIFE THREATNING OR WHAT.KINDLY HELP ME!!!!!!!

love you patts

HEY FELLOWS, I AM NOW CONFUSED ABOUT THE COUP THING HAPPENING IN THAILAND. I PLAN MY VISIT TO PATTAYA NEXT WEEK JUST WHEN I GOT THE NEWS OF MILITARY COUP IN THAILAND. I WANT TO KNOW FROM MY EX PAT FRIENDS HOW DOES THIS THING AFFECT US, WE TOURIST IN PATTS OR IN BANGKOK, WHAT HAPPENS TO TOURIST ALREADY THERE BEFORE THE COUP , DO WE GET STUCK UP OR SOMETHING OR IS IT LIFE THREATNING OR WHAT.KINDLY HELP ME!!!!!!!

New Coup? I'll have to investigate.

Edited by El Jesus

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics

last coup was a claytons coup from what i heard for most it was life as usual

I HOPE THINGS WILL BE PEACEFUL COZ NO WAY I AM GONNA CANCEL THIS TRIP, MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US,

love you patts

there hasnt been any coup yet this year, but dont worry about it anyway, it doesnt really filter down to Pattaya anyway.

They can coup their arses off as long as i've got some company i'm a happy boy.

If there is another coup I would get out of Bangkok is that is where you are at the time. If there is another coup it could be very different than the last. The UDD has stated it will attack the military if there is another coup so it could get ugly.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Bloody crazy thais can't they just wait till i've had my trip, how inconsiderate of them.....................lol.

Niether the Bangkok post or The Nation have any news of a coup.

Whilst there is a chance that there may be one... ( The miliatary powers that be deny any intention to have another coup ) please don't alarm our members with any suggestion that one has already happened.

Murgatroyd

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I was there during the last one, it didn't affect the trip. Just don't expect CNN to be on, from memory I remember lots of pictures of the King to nice Thai music and a few calls from home asking if I'm OK. To repeat whats been said though, there is no coup and none of the press seem to be suggesting there will be one. I do like it when Thailand makes the mainstream news though.

Been through 3 the worst one they set fire to hotel I was in the Royal hotel near the Grand Palace they knocked us up and said sorry we take over hotel then burn it down...

Your taxi is waiting downstairs how long will you be, sure enough they did exactly that and it was used a medical centre after they quickly put the fire out all quite civilized and polite, just stay away from crowds as already mentioned, don't get drawn into any political discussions, when asked any sensitive questions smile and say I am here for the sun, the cold beer and the sights...

The worse thing you do is get drunk and start mouthing off..

If it does start to look ugly, use sound common sense and change your location, the wise man considers the risks and enjoys the rest of his trip, the fool says I can deal with it no matter what, he enjoys the rest of trip in hospital or on the fire at dusk...

Edited by iballooka

good advice above. Avoid crowds in Bangkok, political discussions, and use common sence. The world keeps turning in Pattaya.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I've been here a few years now. Was here for the coup, was here for the state of emergency, been here through all of the protests and seen absolutely jack all (apart from whats on the T.V) and I go into Bangkok every week. Unless you're going to go looking for it there's nothing to worry about. I'd be more worried about arriving during Songkran. That's far more likely to disturb your trip.