IGNORED

Eva Airlines

allwet

What do you guys think of Eva Airlines? I'll be flying with them the first time in a few weeks and am hoping for the best. Last time I went to Asia I flew United and they absolutely blow...plane was old and dirty, staff was miserable and to top it off they didn't have those tv screens on the back of the seats where you could choose whatever movie you want to watch.

Any input would be appreciated.

I don't know about from the USA, as I always fly them from London and they are the best airline flying direct to Thailand from London, and I'm sure they will be the same from the USA.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I have flown Eva a couple of times to BKK. Not in the last 2 years though.

What they do have is premium economy which is kind of between economy and business. So you get the upgraded seats and meals without the business class fares. It's a bit more expensive than economy but really well worth it.

Actually I am flying to BKK next week and I have booked on Eva.

I don't know about from the USA, as I always fly them from London and they are the best airline flying direct to Thailand from London, and I'm sure they will be the same from the USA.

Hi.

Above quote is correct, of the 3 Airlines that fly non-stop from London and

that is Eva, Thai and British Airways there in no competition Eva the winner

all the time.

And they always have the cheapest and most promotions of the three and for

anyone going to LOS between January 10th and March 31st have added bonus

of non-stop fare of only £499 an excellent price compared to the others

Example flight Departs Tuesday 3rd March BR068 and returns Wednesday 1st April

BR067 the fare just £499 NON-STOP, beat that Thai and BA time you lowered your

prices to. This fare is bookable with Crystal Travel and depens on dates midweek better.

I use EVA from USA a lot. I will generally only fly either Thai air (for the direct flight), or EVA if I can't get a direct flight. Now that Thai has ercently cut their premium economy service on my route, I will be flying EVA as my first choice. I love the premium economy class, it costs extra, and you have to search for a deal, but if you can get a good rate, its well worth it IMHO. The only complaint I have about EVA is that the food stinks, but really its not that much worse than other carriers.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Best (value) of the 3 direct fliers from UK by a mile.

Remember EVA has a self service food system (from Uk anyway). Mnay peo9ple complain about the poor food/drink service because they dont realise this.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Flew with EVA from Amsterdam to BKK (and back) about 20 times now. Good carrier.

Edited by chinaski

I've used Eva, thai, and british airways first time I went.

Used thai about 4 times, and EVA about 5 or six.

Given the choice I'd use EVA everytime.

People always mention how good the thai service is once you get in the air, and how they look after you. Yeah its good but Eva are just as good.

Main reason I prefer EVA is that the aircraft that I've been on with them are newer, and the inflight entertainment is better, especially with you own personal screen, with interactive controls meaning you can watch a variety of stuff whenever you want. The communial screen and limited entertainment on the 747s of thais come very short in comparison.

Also, perhaps becauce of the newer planes, I've found them the most comfortable which to me is the most important thing...its 12hrs afterall from London...

We fly EVA for our nxt trip in April...only ever heard good reports about them. Whitespider, thanx for the heads up on the food, good to know that !!

I've used them for every trip the last 5 years...

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Is their premium economy decent? I saw a relatively good deal yesterday from New York to BKK.

Edited by altec123

• 1 month later...

Just to add, I have flown Eva on many flights from LHR to BKK and they are the best value for money carrier IMHO.

The service staff have always been friendly and helpful.

You shouldn't have any problems mate.

WS sorry mate I did not understand the self service food system on your post. I have not noticed that on any of my flights.

Cheers

Edited by sonic692

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Don't like to be negative but as a star alliance member I often get stuck on United, avoid United unless you enjoy being served or saved by your grandparents... :HaHaHa1:

The planes are geriatric as well.

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

EVA is great. On their website, check out the Hot E-fares section.

Premium economy from SFO to BKK was very nice a few years ago. Now that I live in Europe, I'm trying the AMS/BKK non-stop in two weeks. Hopefully the airport is open!

They are great

From london they use jumbos-upstairs loads of legroom 35 ins plus

No one compares in economy, plus good rates.

What do you guys think of Eva Airlines? I'll be flying with them the first time in a few weeks and am hoping for the best. Last time I went to Asia I flew United and they absolutely blow...plane was old and dirty, staff was miserable and to top it off they didn't have those tv screens on the back of the seats where you could choose whatever movie you want to watch.

Any input would be appreciated.

Been flying with Eva twice a year for the last 4-5 years,(used to be Thai before the fares went up!!) excellent airline if not the best especially being non-stop & now with tv screens on the back of the seats, even better if you can get their promotion fares & not forgetting the lovely smiling air stewardess(unlike BA!!) warming you up for the girls on your arrival!!!

• 2 weeks later...

EVA has been good to me. Being fat I can't fit in economy so fly deluxe class which is now called elite. The seats are better and recline a fraction more, I think the food is same as economy. The one strange thing over the years is I have never been offered a alcoholic drink except wine with meal, even thou I assisted the pilot in restraining a guy who was wasted on his way to Los. Where he got the booze from still puzzles me..

He never made it past Taipei.