Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dinner Buffet at Siam@siam Hotel

As I promised, my gf and I visited this hotel and enjoyed our dinner.

Restaurant is at 6 Floor. Name is Big Fish.

We arrived at 6:10 pm.

There were already several people.

At first we searched Oysters. Yes.. there really were.

259501b3fb7fa95d8ebd27b652f15329.jpg

These are mine.

186598112fc1a041446c6992aaf182bd.jpg

These are hers.

9bbfb1fe27b10a776a2aaa13176953e3.jpg

Just finished in a few minutes.

8a30ef38b2865bd47a69a8bd8bb78929.jpg

I could not miss lamb steaks. I love steak too.

3a0b5066f156c2dfa9e2ba728c3757b6.jpg

I was still hungry for oysters.

d766f063682968f1111817d0e2dac74d.jpg

I needed more.

cc4d5a05c0fe5466a1a720c935d8bcd4.jpg

She likes grilled blue crabs.

1d04df6756a86b05d46d1409bd3f8acb.jpg

And crepes suzette!! I did not forget.

We were pretty happy about fresh oysters.

We are still alive and do not feel any discomfort.

The other foods are not so much kinds.

But seafood for grill section had good selections.

There were prawns, blue crabs, salmons, squid fish, snow fish and etc....

Steak section had chicken, pork, lamb and beef.

Those are all fresh to my eyes.

There were not much kinds at sushi section.

There were about 6~7 kinds of food which we did not take interest much.

The price was 650 baht for 1 person. And I paid 1358 baht included tax and service charge.

It was value for money.

If you like oysters and steak, it is worth for visit for you.

Thank you for introducing good restaurant, KK!

And we will visit Mecure hotel on Saturday.

This picture is from her phone.

14c6cb8d9151d78cc96be2e124fdd0ed.jpg

They look fresh, right?

Glad you enjoyed it.

I've never had any trouble with anything I've eaten there. You are right that the lamb is good (and unusual to find at that price). Snow fish can be very expensive so it's good to see that too. Previously on occasions they have had whole salmon which was very good, and friends I have been with have enjoyed the pasta and soup.

For the price it's hard not to like it, I think.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I've never had any trouble with anything I've eaten there. You are right that the lamb is good (and unusual to find at that price). Snow fish can be very expensive so it's good to see that too. Previously on occasions they have had whole salmon which was very good, and friends I have been with have enjoyed the pasta and soup.

For the price it's hard not to like it, I think.

All are thanks to you.

I almost miss this fine buffet without you.

The crabs may have been labeled blue crabs, but what is in the picture above are not blue crabs.  Look more like snow (opilio) crabs to me.

The crabs may have been labeled blue crabs, but what is in the picture above are not blue crabs.  Look more like snow (opilio) crabs to me.

Doesn't look like snow or opilio to me.. looks like the typical crab you see all over Thailand in the cheaper buffet and seafood places.. portunus pelagicus.. also called..blue crab,flower crab,sand crab, blue swimmer crab.. these little crab really aren't that God imo and there's not much meat on them...

Yeah looks like what we call Flower Crabs.

Thanks Mr Ken , great report.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Nice review of the place too bad u forgot to take/post better photo of your girlfriend ;D

To the actual question, what the hell is a snow fish?

Even google does'nt know exactly, Urban dictionary gave me this description

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowfish

A fish that lives and swims through snow, it builds its house out of ice and the souls of small Mormon children. Known for its artistic skills, love of Pokemon, and all-around faggotry. Many people love this type of fish and it is commonly the companion of people with an excessive love for munching on tacos. It is most common in the states of Michigan and Alaska and is commonly seen throughout Canada.

Nice review of the place too bad u forgot to take/post better photo of your girlfriend ;D

To the actual question, what the hell is a snow fish?

Even google does'nt know exactly, Urban dictionary gave me this description

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowfish

Snowfish

A fish that lives and swims through snow, it builds its house out of ice and the souls of small Mormon children. Known for its artistic skills, love of Pokemon, and all-around faggotry. Many people love this type of fish and it is commonly the companion of people with an excessive love for munching on tacos. It is most common in the states of Michigan and Alaska and is commonly seen throughout Canada.

If I am not wrong,

Snow fish is "Patagonian toothfish"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patagonian_toothfish

If I am wrong, pls someone correct this.

Yeah looks like what we call Flower Crabs.

Thanks Mr Ken , great report.

You are welcome.

Have a nice day!

"Snow Fish" is a very oily fish and needs to be cooked carefully, otherwise tends to end up "rubbery".

1 more tip..

Avoid time 6:00 PM ~7:00 PM.

That time there will be chinese and korean tour team. Very crowded.

If you do not want annoying scenes, avoid that time.

Doesn't look like snow or opilio to me.. looks like the typical crab you see all over Thailand in the cheaper buffet and seafood places.. portunus pelagicus.. also called..blue crab,flower crab,sand crab, blue swimmer crab.. these little crab really aren't that God imo and there's not much meat on them...

You are probably right.  I didn't realize that there were two types of crabs that are called blue crabs.  Where I am from Callinectes sapidus is the only kind of blue crab there is.  These kind of crabs are very good and have a decent amount of meat, but we also cook them with a lot of spices on them so they taste great. 

Archived