IGNORED

Visa from Pattaya Options

johnfb43

My friends gf (Filipina) and my friend (UK guy) did a visa run from Pattaya to Laos last time and  got the usual 60 days and the 30 extra day extension at Jomtien Immigration. Anyway their tourist visa expires on the 27th March which is next Saturday. Questions 1) One visa run company here are saying they can overstay one day and go by van to Laos again on the 27th. Is overstay an option for them? They also suggested going on 23rd March? 2) Is it better to go the same route and do Laos again? Or go to Cambodia Phnom Penh? Recommendations. If they go to Phnom Penh they fly or go in a van? Whats the costs? How long this takes?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO GIVEN THEIR SITUATION?

One day overstay usually no problem but ATM with the crackdown on over stayers i wouldn't . 

Laos gives you max 3 back to back tourist visas . If they don't want you there no more they 

give you a red stamp in your passport telling you to go find another place to do the visa . 

Phnom Penh is pretty easy . Flying in is the easiest option but there are also buses going . 

Flying 1 hour , the bus takes you 14 hours (or more) . Price of the flight depends on the time

of booking , between 3000 and 5000Bht for a return . Bus is around 1000Bht one way . 

Just go to one of the visa offices and for 5/10$ extra they do the whole process . LMN travel

at the rivesside by street #144 or Indo travel in street #172 are 2 reliable offices . The visa

will take 3/4 days before ready . 

My advice would be not to ask questions regarding your tourist visa whilst heavily promoting your services as a real estate agent in another section.

As Bob Dylan says......The times they are a changin!

Sorry bit confused by this. Is it simply a matter then of giving your passport to a visa agent and a few hundred baht then you don't have to do a visa run?

You must do a visa run...it's the law right?

Sorry bit confused by this. Is it simply a matter then of giving your passport to a visa agent and a few hundred baht then you don't have to do a visa run?

Not the best idea not to do the visa run yourself

You must do a visa run...it's the law right?

Not the best idea not to do the visa run yourself

I don't disagree I was just wondering if I read Jerry's post right. I never let my passport out of my sight when I show it to people.

Of course you have to go to Cambodia (or Laos) by yourself . You won't get a visa if you haven't checked out of Thailand . 

In Phnom Penh there are several visa offices who (for 5/10$) go to the Thai embassy for you to do the application as well 

as the pick up of your passport a few days later . 

No brainer IMO as it saves you half a day and 2 trips with a tuk tuk to the embassy . The embassy is pretty far from the 

tourist area and the tuk tuk trips already will cost you more than the 5/10$ you pay extra to let a visa office take care of it . 

Of course you have to go to Cambodia (or Laos) by yourself . You won't get a visa if you haven't checked out of Thailand . 

In Phnom Penh there are several visa offices who (for 5/10$) go to the Thai embassy for you to do the application as well 

as the pick up of your passport a few days later . 

No brainer IMO as it saves you half a day and 2 trips with a tuk tuk to the embassy . The embassy is pretty far from the 

tourist area and the tuk tuk trips already will cost you more than the 5/10$ you pay extra to let a visa office take care of it .

Cool thanks, no longer confused :)

Laos gives you max 3 back to back tourist visas . If they don't want you there no more they 

give you a red stamp in your passport telling you to go find another place to do the visa . 

It is my understanding that the 6 month Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) has replaced the double and triple entry visas.

If this is true, can a MEV be obtained in Laos?

It is my understanding that the 6 month Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) has replaced the double and triple entry visas.

From what I gather a METV can only be obtained in you're home country and there are a list of requirements to qualify for it.  If you check out Thaivisa there are pages and pages of discussion about it.  

What visa's are available then from the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh? Does it really cost 5-10 USD per person to get an agency in Phnom Penh to handle this for you? What costs are needed for the visa? What pics do you need? Passport size/white background/two pics?? 

MEV only in your home country . 

What visa's are available then from the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh? Does it really cost 5-10 USD per person to get an agency in Phnom Penh to handle this for you? What costs are needed for the visa? What pics do you need? Passport size/white background/two pics?? 

TR visa is $40 if you do it yourself , $45 if you let LMN travel do it . If you want it quick there's a one day

service for $60 , otherwise it will be 3/4 days . 1 normal size passport pic will do , white background . 

Good edit John.

Tell your friend he owes me a beer !

Archived