IGNORED

Recommendations for Thai Gold

LovinAsians2015

Anyone know a trusted location that won't screw you on the spot price of Gold? I am looking to get myself something while in Pattaya this trip. Any spot that has decent English speaking skills would be a plus and reputable would be a great help as well. Do they only deal in 23k? I've looked in some shops but always get an outrageous price (one for 3 baht was 600USD over spot price). Any info would help!

All of the official gold shops in Pattaya advertise the price of gold in the window.

There are a few close together on Pattaya Klang (central road), between 2nd road and soi Baukhow.

Have a look in each shop before making any decisions as the price will always be slightly higher than advertised price due to cost of workmanship.

Most don't speak great English but will always use a scale in front of you to weigh the gold and prove amount.

I think that most of the gold will be 23k.  For a less amount of gold you can try a gem shop.

Good luck

Small gold shop right next to Tuk Com. Not a huge selection but the guy is honest and speaks very very good english

Your best bet is to go to Bangkok. Place is called Heng Heng or something like that. Only way to be sure your gold is pure and you won't be ripped off. Also easier to sell if it's from there.

Thank you! I just want to get something nice I can keep for a long time. Price for gold isn't bad so this in my mind is a good time to jump on it.

All of the official gold shops in Pattaya advertise the price of gold in the window.

There are a few close together on Pattaya Klang (central road), between 2nd road and soi Baukhow.

Have a look in each shop before making any decisions as the price will always be slightly higher than advertised price due to cost of workmanship.

Most don't speak great English but will always use a scale in front of you to weigh the gold and prove amount.

I think that most of the gold will be 23k. For a less amount of gold you can try a gem shop.

Good luck

If it's gold bar you want then no Pattaya shop will sell at the official price. All want a markup of 200 to 500 baht per baht weight.

I found one on Soi Bukhao that wanted 150 per baht weight.

Chinatown in Bangkok is the only place I know where they don't want a markup.

Don't know about gold ornaments.

Price isn't bad? I'm sure it's gone up from like 18k to over 20k in the past few months

I think Gold is a risky investment, especially if you bought a few years ago at 30k to the baht.

I think Gold is a risky investment, especially if you bought a few years ago at 30k to the baht.

It's not risky if you bought when it was around 8700B in the early 2000s.

It's also handy IF everything goes to hell.

At the end of the Vietnam war, some Vietnamese used their 'gold holdings' to pay for their escape from the NVA.

I'm just looking to get a rope chain for myself. I plan on having it for years. Later on I might sell it but its not in the plans as of yet. Just wanted to try and grab it while I was in Pattaya. I won't have time to hit BKK this trip.

Archived