IGNORED

Buying second hand car

TigerWoods

I am thinking of buying a second hand, because I stay about 4-5 month a year in Pattaya

I am always on tourist visa and driving on a IDL - will I have any problems of "owning" the car and put the papers in my name ?

Just beware of buying second vehicles in Thailand. There are a lot of flood vehicles being sold.

Posted Image

Just beware of buying second vehicles in Thailand. There are a lot of flood vehicles being sold.

.. 100's of thousands of cars were purchased as a part of the government's idiot car purchase incentive scheme from a couple of years ago .. predictably, this ill-conceived economic stimulus program produced unhealthy levels of household debt to buyers who were unqualified buyers .. consequently, financiers of this lame idea have for the last couple of years been choking on them, repossessing and disposing of them at discount.

.. guys who cannot afford to make payments, generally do not take care of their vehicles .. so, there is that.

.. but, as Navychief(SS) cites, there are also a gazillion flooded-out cars from the massive nation-wide flooding in 2011 and the central Thailand regional flooding in 2015.

.. while shopping about, suggest you take a look at certified used cars from the dealerships, where you can get some measure of comfort.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived