Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Oman beat Ireland at 20/20 world cup

chazzer

Oman-avoids-last-spot_StoryPicture.jpg

Full time librarian Amir Ali has been claiming that the world cup 20/20 victory of Ireland was no shock. Despite Ireland having a team of full time professional cricketers the Oman cruised to victory in Wednesdays game.

"Our side of butchers bakers and candlestick makers are very happy to have won this game. I have to go know as i need to change back into my reading glasses"

I wonder how many Omanis were on the team?  Many long term expats I knew (a long time ago) were trying to make the team. Some were fringe players in Sri Lanka and Pakistan. One guy who worked at Costa Coffee at the Muscat Seeb Airport played for Sri Lanka B team. 

So in some ways not a total surprise especially in the very short game.

Ireland play cricket?

Badly it seems. Although had a memorable win against england last world cup I think.

That last over was a disgrace. I think Ireland were playing to lose,,,,got at by the bookies!

That last over was a disgrace. I think Ireland were playing to lose,,,,got at by the bookies!

The players probably didnt know what they were doing, nobody in the country plays cricket or even understands the rules.

The players probably didnt know what they were doing, nobody in the country plays cricket or even understands the rules.

Apart from the irish lads who play for england

Do not not forgot the Irish guys in Australia.  The GAA probably did not mind. Ireland has been playing decently for the last few years. Did not see the game but saw the WI vs Ireland game in Mohali, India during the 2011 Cricket World Cup. Ex-Windies all-rounder Simmons was their coach at one point. The luck was not with the Irish that day.  A Djinn got the Leprechaun. 

Archived