IGNORED

Working in Thailand,in particuler Pattaya

moondragonshadow

I want to start by saying I have read threads about living and working in Pattaya but the thing is,most jobs involve some kind of IT jobs,management,or owning and running bars.I have worked as a pipefitter most of my life and don't have the time or money to further my education.My question is,what besides teaching English is there? Is there any type of on the job training to be had? I guess I could teach English but afraid I would get bored and get stuck in a rut.I hope someone has an idea that I can take into consideration.

The problem is going to be, you're very (very very) unlikely to get a work permit and a job doing anything a Thai can do.

That's why you're noticing farang jobs being like you said, 'IT work or management' that may have specialized skills or experience that Thai IT or managers don't have (fluent English, knowing the latest programming languages, or such).

If you pay attention, the farang bar managers aren't actually doing the work in the bar.  They're not running the cash register, they're not bringing or taking away drinks. Their Thai employees are.

So as a pipefitter, you can see where this is going... sorry.

Thanks for the reply SWB and I truly get what your telling me.Do you know anything about the English teaching jobs,such as can you eek out a living or is it dog eat dog like everything else?

Being a pipe fitter, could you get a decent job on a rig or mine with a good ratio like 2/2, so you could fly back as often as you want?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks for the reply SWB and I truly get what your telling me.Do you know anything about the English teaching jobs,such as can you eek out a living or is it dog eat dog like everything else?

English teacher in Thailand gets you 25k baht a month. On the other hand you really dont need any education for many IT jobs. If you are familiar with file management and basic internet usage, your skills are close to do various IT jobs. Jobs that really doesnt require any advanced skills, only time and devotion.

Thanks for the ideas guys I do have basic knowlege of whats been posted so far and yes I would work on rigs but not sure how or where to apply.I have something to go on now though

Being a pipe fitter, could you get a decent job on a rig or mine with a good ratio like 2/2, so you could fly back as often as you want?

The rigs are laying off no employing and even when they do it is very difficult to get on them unless you know someone

I hear ya and guess how many people I know working on rigs?

I hear ya and guess how many people I know working on rigs?

Is this a quiz.?

Can anyone join in.?

and survey sezzzzz........big fat zero 5555.I will try to find out if I can meet said rig persons

and survey sezzzzz........big fat zero 5555.I will try to find out if I can meet said rig persons

Yeah that was what I reckoned but thought the way I done it was a bit more fun than going straight in with the zero

Here in Pattaya its pretty much who you know not what you know

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

ok,so any ideas on how to get a big fat hookup other then just keeping eyes and ears open? I mean,I could look on the web but been doing that for awhile

names would be helpful,I can't imagine out of all of us addicts,somebody on here wouldn't have an idea :GoldenSmile1:

I guess most guys would rather be "laying pipe" on the 6. 

yeah so true,I love laying pipe on the six and as far as jobs go I guess oil on the world market has impacted a lot of those jobs

Get yourself to Laem Chabang and do the offshore survival training course and any other courses they offer. NO company will even consider paying this for you anymore and NO company will even consider you for employment without it, you may also make some useful contacts there.

Tough business to break into and the odds are stacked heavily against you but the BOISET and HUET courses are a necessary expense before you even begin job hunting. Do NOT pay any internet recruitment companies who "guarantee" to find you work offshore, doesn't happen. You'll have more chance of success becoming drinking buddies with a senior rig worker in a Pattaya bar on his rotation, does happen.

Thanks rossbert,thats the exact kind of response I was looking for,now I got something that I can consider and act on

I want to start by saying I have read threads about living and working in Pattaya but the thing is,most jobs involve some kind of IT jobs,management,or owning and running bars.I have worked as a pipefitter most of my life and don't have the time or money to further my education.My question is,what besides teaching English is there? Is there any type of on the job training to be had? I guess I could teach English but afraid I would get bored and get stuck in a rut.I hope someone has an idea that I can take into consideration.

I hear bliss and lollitas are looking for some new staff.

Do you have good lung capacity.

nah,got COPD lol

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's a bit of subject, but is it true that anyone from any country can do any job in Cambodia as long as they can get the job of course?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived