IGNORED

Travelling to Samui

gwalchmai

I will be in Pattaya during June and was thinking of spending around a week in Samui with teelak.  Curious to find out from BMs who have already made this trip what they consider is the best way to travel.

Obviously the quickest and most convenient way would be flying directly to Samui.  I've checked on Skyscanners for cheapest price for a return ticket and I'm looking at roughly £140 per person which equates to around 7k baht.  Flying from Pattaya airport seems more expensive.

The alternative I'm thinking would be flying to Surat Thani.  Best price is from Don Muang airport and that's £28 return per person which is about 1400 baht.  On arrival at Surat Thani airport we'd be purchasing the ferry & bus tickets to take us to the ferry port and then onto Samui.  The ferry and bus tickets are pretty cheap.  This will of course be the longer way as the ferry trip will be approx 2.5 hours. 

The comparison in price is a massive difference.  If I thought it was too much of a hassle via Surat Thani then I would probably be inclined to just shell out the extra cash and fly directly to Samui.  So please let me know what you guys have done in the past.

One final thing:  Once I've decided to book my flight (this will be when I've already arrived in Pattaya) would you guys book online and just print off your booking confirmation?  If so can I do this in an internet café?  Or will there be travel agents in and around Pattaya who would book it for me?  Or do I just cruise up to the airport and buy a ticket?

Cheers!

Worth the extra just for the view as you fly into Samui :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I always fly direct to Samui from UTP , it's quicker than going to Swampy or DM , plus check in and security only takes a matter of minutes , worth it IMHO

I would by the ticket online and I would do it as early as possible , the prices won't go down and the cheaper ones may disappear , you don't need to print off the confirmation , just rock up to the Airport with your passport

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I flew direct too, a 50min flight v several hours pissing around flying somewhere else & then getting buses & ferrys, a direct flight just makes sense.

Yes, you can go to an internet cafe & print tickets off if you want. I always used a place between the Walking St entrance & where the baht buses wait to go to Jontiem, when I've wanted to pront stuff off..

Flight prices remain fairly static all year around, so no point waiting, book now.

bkk airways direct flight is the way to go!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

I've done both, yeh it's cheaper via Surat Thani but then you have 1 and half hour on the coach then you have to get the ferry, then the pier is on the other side of the island to chewang, then there's the hassle of going to DMK

Much better to fly direct

I've done both, yeh it's cheaper via Surat Thani but then you have 1 and half hour on the coach then you have to get the ferry, then the pier is on the other side of the island to chewang, then there's the hassle of going to DMK

Much better to fly direct

Can't agree more than that.

Done 2 month ago the trip to Samui via Surat Thani and it's take me 11 hour from door to door....

Direct flight well worth the extra baht .

So overwhelming support to fly direct? lol. I think that's what I'll do then. Thanks for your thoughts ppl.

Archived