IGNORED

How long to pay your electric bill

juice777

Hi I have a unexpected bill this month in the UK, which has left me a bit short of cash for a month, so I need to watch what I spend this month, so I was thinking of not paying my electric bill for over a month, will I get cut of or face any late charges or anything for about 5 weeks late ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The smart thing to do is to contact the company and explain your position and work out something that will work for both of you.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The smart thing to do is to contact the company and explain your position and work out something that will work for both of you.

To tell the truth I would just pay it before I would ring them, I just thought it would be a easy way to save a bit if money this month for the Inportant things like beer and bar girls

I assume the electric bill is in Thailand . They will cut the power after 2 or 3 weeks .

No extra charges , just pay and you're good to go again ... but an electric bill in 

Thailand hardly ever goes above 2k Bht ... doesn't really help . 

They will cut the power after 2 or 3 weeks . No extra charges , just pay and you're good to go again .

OK thanks, I will have to pay it and not go out on the town one night

Oh well

if you are talking about here they cut it if its a few days late.   My first house, a rental, I pay the electric.  One month it didn't come and I figured it was just late.   A week after it was due, the cut the wires to the house on a Friday, and I could not get it turned on till a Monday.....sucked big time.  Water bill much more lienent

If your talking about England, I would pay and skip a few dinners

if you are talking about here they cut it if its a few days late. My first house, a rental, I pay the electric. One month it didn't come and I figured it was just late. A week after it was due, the cut the wires to the house on a Friday, and I could not get it turned on till a Monday.....sucked big time. Water bill much more lienent

If your talking about England, I would pay and skip a few dinners

I am talking about here thanks for the advice I will pay it today

I am talking about here thanks for the advice I will pay it today

normally if your a month late on water bill they will let it pass, but wouldn't count on it.   Electric they are anal about

You can pay at 7/11 within 7 days otherwise you have to go to a PEA office.

For a period when the office in Pattaya Klang  closed down, you had to go to Naklua but there is now an office in Royal Garden.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Thailand hardly ever goes above 2k Bht . 

That might be true if you are in a condo... :P

I was thinking that the bill was in the UK. Yes in Thailand they will be around to cut your supply off if you don't pay it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Look towards the bottom of the bill and you'll see a 'Due Date' (in English) by which the bill must be settled.

Look towards the bottom of the bill and you'll see a 'Due Date' (in English) by which the bill must be settled.

You can pay after that date but it is a pain in the arse as you can no longer pay at an agent (eg 7-11) and have to go to one of their offices.

If your renting i think your landlord would not be happy if the electric was cut, i heard they cut very quickly after the due date

I assume the electric bill is in Thailand . They will cut the power after 2 or 3 weeks .

No extra charges , just pay and you're good to go again ... but an electric bill in 

Thailand hardly ever goes above 2k Bht ... doesn't really help . 

It can get a bit more brutal than that.

In a Condo' they might initially just switch you off after a few days - pay the bill and good to go (might find the switch yourself  :WinkGrin1: )

After a bit longer they may come and remove your meter and then you have to pay about 2k to get it re-fitted).

In a house they may disconnect the cables and/or the meter if you ignore the reminders.

The brutal bit can come because a lot of us don't change the account name and as long as you keep paying the bill that's no problem, but if you're cut off you may have to apply from scratch for a new supply, which costs about 15k plus any labour involved.

If you're sure you're not going to move for a while and you go away sometimes it's worth putting it on Direct Debit from your bank, but it is a bit of a palava to set up and even more so to get them to stop taking it - you can't just tell your bank to stop it, you have to ask the electric company to stop taking it.

That might be true if you are in a condo... :P

I was thinking that the bill was in the UK. Yes in Thailand they will be around to cut your supply off if you don't pay it.

It all depends on aircon use i guess . 

Moved to a new house few months ago and the biggest bill i got so far is 1200Bht . 

This month it even was under a thousand with one aircon running at night . 

Positively surprised as in my last house it usually was double that price . 

In a Condo' they might initially just switch you off after a few days - pay the bill and good to go (might find the switch yourself  :WinkGrin1: )

After a bit longer they may come and remove your meter and then you have to pay about 2k to get it re-fitted).

In a house they may disconnect the cables and/or the meter if you ignore the reminders.

The brutal bit can come because a lot of us don't change the account name and as long as you keep paying the bill that's no problem, but if you're cut off you may have to apply from scratch for a new supply, which costs about 15k plus any labour involved.

If you're sure you're not going to move for a while and you go away sometimes it's worth putting it on Direct Debit from your bank, but it is a bit of a palava to set up and even more so to get them to stop taking it - you can't just tell your bank to stop it, you have to ask the electric company to stop taking it.

never seen a reminder, just cut off quickly after the due date, and like said, you can no longer pay at 711.   When I get my bill, I pay immediately

never seen a reminder, just cut off quickly after the due date, and like said, you can no longer pay at 711.   When I get my bill, I pay immediately

If you pay immediately why would you get a reminder. 555

Not certain now but I thought I got a final notice and I had to go to Banglamung a few times.

Whatever...can get in a mess quite quickly if youre away for a month at the wrong time so I do DD.

In a Condo' they might initially just switch you off after a few days - pay the bill and good to go (might find the switch yourself :WinkGrin1: )

Wow that is well over the top

We pay our electric bill by direct debit because we only see the postman every few weeks, he just doesn`t come until he has enough to deliver to make it worth his while!  In that time we could easily have been cut off, it did happen when we first moved here.  The electric company refused to take a direct debit from any of our origional accounts and insisted that we open an account with BKK bank in the town where there main office is even though we had accounts with BKK bank already.  After setting this up we were cut off on one occasion because they forgot to take the money out of our account!  It took us a whole day to sort this out and a lot of traveling as they would not do anything over the phone, all had to be done in person.  We produced bank book with enough cash in all the time and no debit for the money but they still insisted it was our fault, eventually the manager there said he would let us off this time and we would be connected up free of charge but we had not to do it again!!!!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

We pay our electric bill by direct debit because we only see the postman every few weeks, he just doesn`t come until he has enough to deliver to make it worth his while! In that time we could easily have been cut off, it did happen when we first moved here. The electric company refused to take a direct debit from any of our origional accounts and insisted that we open an account with BKK bank in the town where there main office is even though we had accounts with BKK bank already. After setting this up we were cut off on one occasion because they forgot to take the money out of our account! It took us a whole day to sort this out and a lot of traveling as they would not do anything over the phone, all had to be done in person. We produced bank book with enough cash in all the time and no debit for the money but they still insisted it was our fault, eventually the manager there said he would let us off this time and we would be connected up free of charge but we had not to do it again!!!!

Amazing Thailand

Archived