IGNORED

Can I come back

f308gt

Am I reading the rules correctly.

"Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption category may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6 month period"

I have been the following 3 times:-

16 Jun to 13 Jul 2015

14 Nov 02 to Dec 2015

02 Feb 21 to Feb 2016

So I can come back

23 Mar 17 Apr 2016

That would be third time in 6 months which is OK right?

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

I will, but right now things are moving quickly with holidays, work and Air fare's etc I need to get my shit straight tonight.

The 1st trip you mentioned is more than 6 months ago so I would think you will be fine.

Why not call the Thai Embassy to clarify?

Thanks for the reply.

I will, but right now things are moving quickly with holidays, work and Air fare's etc I need to get my shit straight tonight.

Thanks for the reply.

I think phone calls are pretty quick these days

Just rip a page out of your passport like that BM did a month or so ago.

It worked well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I reading the rules correctly.

"Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption category may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6 month period"

I have been the following 3 times:-

16 Jun to 13 Jul 2015

14 Nov 02 to Dec 2015

02 Feb 21 to Feb 2016

So I can come back

23 Mar 17 Apr 2016

That would be third time in 6 months which is OK right?

Yoe are allowed up to 90 days within the 6 month period with the fairly short stay you had in 2015/16 there should be no problem at immigration however, if you feel the need for more security, you could apply for a visa at your local embassy

I think phone calls are pretty quick these days

Not as quick as a lloydie eh.

I've been sweating over this whole issue for a while. I've used up 90 days in a twelve month period, but I haven't had any problems at passport control.

I've read some websites that say they've actually got rid of this rule, and you can come and go as many times as you wish on a Visa Exemption.

Does anyone have a definitive answer? I'd call the Thai Embassy here in Cairo, but frankly I doubt they'd know. I'd be surprised if they even know on the ground at immigration in Thailand.

Just rip a page out of your passport like that BM did a month or so ago.

It worked well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone found with a page missing from their passport is in serious shit believe me  :Anger8: 

I don't think that's really enforced unless things have changed recently. I stayed 3 years straight on tourist visas before only leaving when I had to renew the visa.

But as someone else said if you are really worried then apply for a single entry tourist visa.

I must admit that I answer my phone quicker than the Thai Embassy but I have found that they always answer.

Do you call them for an argument cos youre getting no takers here?

Do you call them for an argument cos youre getting no takers here?

No need to as they answer any questions that we had.

Anyway where is it on here that I have asked for an argument or if this your way of trying to start one?

No need to as they answer any questions that we had.

Anyway where is it on here that I have asked for an argument or if this your way of trying to start one?

It's what it says on your can.

If Anyone Wants An Argument With Me Then Send Me PM

It's what it says on your can.

If Anyone Wants An Argument With Me Then Send Me PM

This is a different thread.

I am willing to have an argument via PM if it stops idiots trying to ruin other people's discussions 

But you will have to wait until the footie is finished

This is a different thread.

I am willing to have an argument via PM if it stops idiots trying to ruin other people's discussions 

But you will have to wait until the footie is finished

I think he'll be fine too.   :GoldenSmile1:

There used to be a rule limiting your time. That was done away with long ago.

The issue now is that multiple visa exempt entries may bring extra scrutiny looking for people that are possibly living here and working without the proper visa and work permits. This is mainly a concern for people that do in/out border runs at the land borders. Coming in from your home country is not an issue.

Worst case is they just ask you why you visit so much.

I've been sweating over this whole issue for a while. I've used up 90 days in a twelve month period, but I haven't had any problems at passport control.

I've read some websites that say they've actually got rid of this rule, and you can come and go as many times as you wish on a Visa Exemption.

Does anyone have a definitive answer? I'd call the Thai Embassy here in Cairo, but frankly I doubt they'd know. I'd be surprised if they even know on the ground at immigration in Thailand.

On trying to enter on Sunday I was detained and questioned for an hour, apparently you are only allowed to use 30 day visa waiver 6 times in any 12 month period, after lots of questions and them speaking to my Thia gf the boss allowed me through but said this would be the absolute last time unless I have correct visa.

AFAIK, and I believe it to be true, the 90 days rule on VE's is long gone... But as always, the actual officer you deal with, has very wide discretionary powers.

What they just about generally won't allow these days, is out/in using consecutive VE's.  Out/in, is leaving a re entering on the same day, or in a very short time frame.

As for the OP and his situation.... there should be no problems when he arrives, provided there is nothing in his record we are unaware of.

AS someone else said, if the OP is worried, grab a SETV.... 

Archived