IGNORED

What songs epitomize Pattaya?

justins

One song that always reminds me of Pattaya is Careless Whisper by George Michael.

The reason for this is because when I first started visiting Pattaya back in the early 90's I would always spend the afternoon out and about in Pattaya and then go back to my hotel room and rest for a couple of hours or so before going out again for the night.  And while I was in my room I would put the tv on and flick through the channels.  And when I got to the Pattaya mail channel it always seemed to be off air and the channel was always playing the instrumental version of Careless Whisper. 

So whenever I hear Careless Whisper I always think back to Pattaya in the 90's

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahaha as soon as i read the title of this post this is the first song i thought of!  :ThumbUp6:

• 9 months later...
The one about Pattaya. Specifically about Pattaya

Sent from my NSA pwned hand held device using tApAcRaP

You mean House of the gods

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

glad this thread has been revived ... 

Some great songs listed here... and do bring back great memories 

On my trip down from then Don Muang it was

GNR Paradise City , Eagles Take it easy 

When I first arrived in 2000 and already mention "have you ever seen the rain" seemed to be played constantly in the Classroom which was my base bar for many a year.  and "Maggie May" seemed to be played a lot

Rod Stewart seemed to played for quite a few years everywhere... I remember bring an ipod over just so we could play different  music in the bars as the choice seemed limited. 

Kyle Minogue brings back memories of the disco;s" Can not get you out of my head"  for some reason 

Then obviously the the torture of departure ... desperado by the eagles springs to mind  or lying eyes  don't know why just words seem to fit. never played them it would have been to much for this broken soul when another trip was over lol 

Pleasure dome isn't it`?

<iframe width="1254" height="730" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FqG1ZRrmTsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

What a great and varied song selection so far, capturing the party spirit of Pattaya.

take a Side trip down the darker side with these Dylan songs. For, when it doesn't quite work out as you planned. Okay, hard core mongers, we all know people who went down this path ! If you haven't listened to them in a long time, listen to them again with Pattaya in mind:

SIMPLE TWIST OF FATE: .. walking along the waterfront docks ... a little confused, I remember well ... plenty of neon burning bright, and beat-up shades here. "He felt the heat of the night hit him like a freight train ..."

the ironically titled, "SHE BELONGS TO ME". Key lines: "she is a hypnotist collector, you are a walking antique." "You'll start out standing, proud to steal her everything she sees... but you wind up peeking through a keyhole, down upon your knees."

and finally, DON'T THINK TWICE, ITS ALLRIGHT: Key line: "We never did too much talkin' anyway!" 

Many keystrokes written on forums to warn people. But, Few are written as universally and poetically as Mr. Dylan. 

Okay, now back to the party songs.

Has there ever been a song that more epitomized all that we love and hate about Pattaya and its lovely women, than this all time classic song, by the great Barbara Mason?

I used to love everything about you
I used to think I couldn't live without you
I used to fill, my whole world around you
And you hurt me so bad (you hurt me so bad)
And about you I don't feel the same, cause u never loved me at all (u never loved me
I was a fool to fall like I did
I used to wait for your phone call, but you wouldn't call me at all
I used to wait, for you late at night
I'd think you'll hurry up and come home and everything would be alright
But you never loved me at all (u never loved me at all)
You never loved me at all (you never loved me at all)
U never loved me at all
There were times that I thought you would be there for me
Then I, I would wake up it was only a dream
Cause you never loved me at all
You never loved me at all (u never loved me)
I was a fool to fall like I did (I was a fool)
No, you were pretending (you never loved me)

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Or.....

"How can it be permissible
She compromise my principle, yeah yeah
That kind of love is mythical
She's anything but typical… "

Willie Nelson

"How’s your new love, I hope he’s doing fine

I heard you told him, you’d love him till the end of time

Now that’s the same thing, that you told me,

Seems like only yesterday

Ain’it funny how time slips away."

And on a more serious note:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

For me it has to be Zombie by The Cranberries a record I liked when it was released 20 years ago I guess. Had forgotten it, and have found it again in Pattaya as the cover bands love it. So do I. It was either that or what's Lub by Tina Turner haha

While I am at it Rest In Peace Glen Campbell, I have certainly heard the cover bands play this.

1 hour ago, mrblueeyes555 said:

Yeah I know it's random isn't it, I wouldn't imagine they realize the significance of the lyrics either

I'm from the UK (Warrington in fact) so do understand the significance of the lyrics but a great tune none the less & one that I request wherever I go.

Funniest rendition has to be in a Comedy (Bakla - Ladyboy) Club in Davao, only foreigner in the house so was the butt (no pun intended!!!) of most of their jokes, had the last laugh listening to them trying to sing Zombie :P 

Not Pattaya per se, but another song that always reminds me of Thailand as it always seemed to be playing in the Bars in Bangkok 

... We changed the Chorus to go...

Som Nom Na

Som Nom Na... 

Som Nom Na...  ... Me

• 4 months later...

Boom! shake-shake-shake the loom
 Boom! shake-shake-shake the loom
 Boom boom! shake-shake-shake the loom
 Tic-tic-tic-tic Boom!

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rest in Peace

Dolores O'Riordan  singer from the cranberries

On 09 August 2017 at 19:31, mrblueeyes555 said:

For me it has to be Zombie by The Cranberries a record I liked when it was released 20 years ago I guess. Had forgotten it, and have found it again in Pattaya as the cover bands love it. So do I.

Archived