Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya to Don Mueang

night_rider

I'm interested in information on how to get from Pattaya to Don Mueang inexpensively.

Bell Travel Service no longer appears to offer direct service. The best I'm coming up with is Bell to Suvarnabhumi (B250, 2 hrs) and the free shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang (free, 1 hr).

Any other options that are inexpensive? This leaves out private taxi service.

More info: my destination is Khon Kaen. DMK to KKC (Khon Kaen) via Nok Air (B600). Air seems to be comparable to an overnight bus but an 11:40 AM flight means I need to leave her early.

I guess I could also take an overnight coach but it's such a long trip if I can do it by air in a morning for the same price.

Good ole airport bus 389, 120 baht to Suvarnabhumi, then the free transfer bus to DM.  Station on Thappraya Road (North of Thepprasit Road, opposite Pan Pan Restaurant). You need to show an outbound ticket from DM to board the free shuttle.

http://airportpattayabus.com/

Thanks much. That's the one right outside View Talay 2. I may consider that. Bell leaves at 6AM their earliest is 7AM and Bell when come get me after I've turned in my motorbike.

Nok Air went up today to B800 so I'm giving some serious consideration to taking the night VIP bus with Chan Tours to Khon Kaen and just sleeping my way there. Cheaper and I can sleep.

But to the topic I guess there are no direct buses Pattaya to Don Mueang. I guess that free shuttle killed them?

Be in time at Don Muang . Last time i was there the place was packed with thousands and thousands of Chinese . 

Check in , customs took me about 90 minutes . 

Thanks much. That's the one right outside View Talay 2. I may consider that. Bell leaves at 6AM their earliest is 7AM and Bell when come get me after I've turned in my motorbike...But to the topic I guess there are no direct buses Pattaya to Don Mueang. I guess that free shuttle killed them?

Yes, outside of View Talay, that's the one. I often rent a motorbike at the place right on the corner near this bus station, easy walk to pick up the bike and then turn it in right as I am ready to get on the bus.

Before Swampy was built and DM was the main airport, I would take the regular bus from Pattaya to Mo Chit, then take a taxi to DM, I don't remember the taxi fare but it was not a lot. There is likely a regular public bus that goes Mo Chit to the airport but I never tried it. Another way would be to take a minivan Pattaya to Victory Monument for about 102 baht, then take a public bus Victory Monument to Don Mueang. Last is an old style train that leaves Pattaya in the afternoon for dirt cheap that goes to Bangkok but likely more trouble than saving the few baht is worth.

Be in time at Don Muang . Last time i was there the place was packed with thousands and thousands of Chinese . 

It was all mucked up just as I was trying to leave, right before immigration. Standing around like cattle, refusing to move. Tour guide raised her stupid flag right in the middle of the small path that was still open, just as I pushed my way through.  Whole plane load of my fellow passengers behind me, they just ignored them.  I saw the tour guide raise that flag in the path and I thought was like a comedy parody, to send up stupid behavior, only it was real life.

Depends how long ago you were at Don Mueang because this year it has all been changed around.  Domestic departures are in a totally different place now and last month the queues at check in were very long.  Fortunately I had checked in on line or I might have missed the flight.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I'm interested in information on how to get from Pattaya to Don Mueang inexpensively.

Bell Travel Service no longer appears to offer direct service. The best I'm coming up with is Bell to Suvarnabhumi (B250, 2 hrs) and the free shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang (free, 1 hr).

Any other options that are inexpensive? This leaves out private taxi service.

More info: my destination is Khon Kaen. DMK to KKC (Khon Kaen) via Nok Air (B600). Air seems to be comparable to an overnight bus but an 11:40 AM flight means I need to leave her early.

I guess I could also take an overnight coach but it's such a long trip if I can do it by air in a morning for the same price.

Khon Kaen is not a long trip

Khon Kaen is not a long trip

That's how I'm leaning now. Overnight coach. 

I figure if I fly, leave here 6AM and arrive Noon but I'm busy and running the whole morning making connections. If I take the VIP overnight coach it's 9 hours but I can eat, sleep and my only connection is to get over to Pattaya Klang for the bus. And it's cheaper. And the fare is covered by saving a night's rent.

I got some Xanax dougy, grab some off me before u go, they'll put u out for the trip.

What's happening. In KK?

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

You are called night rider, does that give you any help with your choice?

Well I'm not sure. Normally they ride me and they're not buses but your point is taken. 555

I got some Xanax dougy, grab some off me before u go, they'll put u out for the trip.

What's happening. In KK?

I have a friend opening a shop in Kranuan. Never mentioned as I assumed Khon Kaen was a necessary step there but they had a VIP bus direct to Kranuan as well so I'm taking that. No need to transfer. Still VIP down with normal seating up. Got VIP for just a few more baht (615). No TV she said but wifi and sleep so I'm good. No transfers. Just get to Pattaya Klang on time and wake up in Kranuan.

Doesn't hurt that the friend just split from her husband either.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Chan Tours to Kranuan wasn't awful. No TV, no wifi that I could find.

VIP seats were Ok. Slept four hours and usually don't sleep well on those.

Food was some cold bamboos stir fry with rice, banana muffin and water.

They did have a roach problem. I'm not squeamish but they have a problem. 

Anyway it got me here safe and I slept about half way. TIT

Archived