IGNORED

From Dublin Turkish Airways for 549 or Emirates for 640

curiousguy2015

depends on how much 90 quid is worth to you !

I would hesitate too.

Time in the air is almost exactly the same with either.

Are the connections similar?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Turkish are an excellent airline. If total flying time is similar, I would not pay extra to fly Emirates.

Particularly in economy they are both similar ex Dublin.  I would fly Turkish without hesitation based on service alone. Turkish use smaller planes but offer a full service, with full IFE on all legs. Catering is probably better than Emirates.

As a basis for comparison I am a regular long haul flyer having flown Malaysian, Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, Turkish, Ethiopian all within the last 18months.

Out of interest - Why would you be hesitant to fly Turkish Airlines? They are one of the largest of the largest airlines in the world. One stop connection. One of the quickest routes east Ex Dublin.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

just weary travelling with Turkish airlines

You'll be more weary when you get to Swampy. Seats are very tight on the long haul sector

You'll be more weary when you get to Swampy. Seats are very tight on the long haul sector

They are pretty similar to most airlines. 2 types of planes operated on the route so it depends which one. Also, some slightly smaller Sears if you're in the wrong part of the plane.

Overall though, more room than BA or Etihad and on par with Emirates. I think the worst option now for space is with Qatar on 787-8.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

perhaps an uneducated fear of jiadhi/isis travellers

dont sit next to one with a bomb  :WinkGrin1:

Are you checking flights on Skyscanner? and if yeah do you book through one of the agents on SS or go direct to the Airline Website i recommend the latter

Are you checking flights on Skyscanner? and if yeah do you book through one of the agents on SS or go direct to the Airline Website i recommend the latter

Travel supermarket is cheaper than Skyscanner (not by much) because they require less commission for the link forward.

No personal experience with either, but I thought both had decent reputations.

With regard to seating, look up the flights by number on seatguru -- http://www.seatguru.com/

1 inch in legroom or seat width may not sound like much....but it is when you are crammed into the smaller seat!

Flew with Turkish Airways in 2012, 2013 & 2014... Dublin to Bangkok via Istanbul, had no problems... full service on all flights Food, Drink & Films... but this year booked to Fly with Emirates in September flight times are good short stopover in Dubai and most important 595 Euros return also booked direct on Emirates Web Site (Plus Bangkok flights use the Airbus A 380 Double-Deck) Price Times & Airline are my considerations. 

Turkish Airways are European Airline of the Year also... 

"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

Flew with both no complaints with either

Turkish always seem to have keen prices but some of the stopovers in Istanbul are an epic 20hrs plus

Archived