IGNORED

USE SKYSCANNERS.COM LHR - BHX £378

Velcro

Skyscanners really is cheap

for example there is a flight leaving next week staying for 3 weeks £378 on a website travel trolley ( or something like that)

Is with Gulf Air with only a 1.5 hour stop over at Bahrain.. Bargain

But my point is.. I went on the Gulf Air website to get more info ( luggage allowance, cancellation options , seating plans etc. ) and for the same flights Gulf Air wanted £597.. thats 11,000 baht difference--- thats 10 BJ's !!!!!

I recommend always going through skyscanners

FYI - 30kg baggage allowance on Gulf Air,,, that's  ( 30kg / 4grams ) 75,000 condoms  5555

Agreed, there are some great deals around at the moment and Skyscanners is a great way to find them.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I would still be careful which agent you book with when you go through Skyscanner.

I'd rather pay a bit more to use an agent that is reliable than one I've never heard of or with a reputation for mucking customers around.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I would still be careful which agent you book with when you go through Skyscanner.

I'd rather pay a bit more to use an agent that is reliable than one I've never heard of or with a reputation for mucking customers around.

Which ones should we steer away from? Just because you havent heard of one doesnt mean they are worse in any way.

You can check for reviews and feedback to get an idea.

Personally, I wouldn't use one that wasn't based in the UK as I'd be less sure I'd be covered in case of a problem.

Some on Skyscanner are basically just one office in Spain with a few phones and computers.

There are UK agents I know are reliable and at least one of them is usually fairly close in price.

I don't know what agents in Norway are like, sorry.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Print out the Skyscanner details and take it to your nearest Flight Centre branch. They have a policy to knock at least £1, but it's usually £10 off the cheapest price you find and arrange all bookings for you. Not a lot of money saved but they take out the hassle and are a reputable company.

Print out the Skyscanner details and take it to your nearest Flight Centre branch. They have a policy to knock at least £1, but it's usually £10 off the cheapest price you find and arrange all bookings for you. Not a lot of money saved but they take out the hassle and are a reputable company.

Would they do this if I printed off and took them a price from Etihad's website?

Would they do this if I printed off and took them a price from Etihad's website?

Absolutely, but bear in mind you have to be quick. They will only honour the quote if it's still the same price at time of booking. ( A week old quote may well have increased in price for example) I usually ring them with the details as soon as I see a good price and ask them to hold it for me, 24 hours is the max I think. They are completely transparent, as you would expect from a high st brand name and very helpful.

Absolutely, but bear in mind you have to be quick. They will only honour the quote if it's still the same price at time of booking. ( A week old quote may well have increased in price for example) I usually ring them with the details as soon as I see a good price and ask them to hold it for me, 24 hours is the max I think. They are completely transparent, as you would expect from a high st brand name and very helpful.

I live a 5 minute walk away from one 

Is that quick enough?

:GoldenSmile1:

I will give it a go for trip after as a bit late for this one coming up

As an afterthought, Go to the trouble of filling in the short questionnaire if asked and say nice things about the staff! They will e-mail you one of these for your next trip.

post-155535-0-01787500-1455740231_thumb.jpg

As an afterthought, Go to the trouble of filling in the short questionnaire if asked and say nice things about the staff! They will e-mail you one of these for your next trip.

attachicon.giffc 1.JPG

Do they have expiry dates?

Do they have expiry dates?

I don't believe so, I have exactly as shown here, just an E-voucher with no expiry date mentioned.

BHX is the airport code for Birmingham, BKK for Bangkok.

The few times I've looked on Skyscanner when I've clicked through to the actual site with the flight the price is more expensive, bait and switch. I used to like Southall Travel but they started with the bait and switch so just book direct with the airline. I got £450 from Newcastle to Bangkok booking direct with KLM and great flight times for 2 weeks time, booked in Nov 2015.

Might have to take a look at Flight Centre next time I book

The few times I've looked on Skyscanner when I've clicked through to the actual site with the flight the price is more expensive, bait and switch. I used to like Southall Travel but they started with the bait and switch so just book direct with the airline. I got £450 from Newcastle to Bangkok booking direct with KLM and great flight times for 2 weeks time, booked in Nov 2015.

Might have to take a look at Flight Centre next time I book

I noticed the airport code error.

I contracted to DHL years ago before all this modern day and age shit, we used the old airway bill type docket and had to insert the 3 letter airport code on every collection we done by hand, after a few years of working there I knew nearly every airport code worldwide you can think of by memory.

Fuck that was a long time ago.

LMFAO! London to Bahrain, hour and a half layover then a flight to Birmingham. That would seriously ruin your day.

think twice about gulf air ,as i had a 9 hour stop in bahrain ,and planes were very old 

i find my good deals on momondo or kayak 

Always a good idea IMO, with an unknown agent on Skyscanner, to google on their name & "problems".

Which ones should we steer away from? Just because you havent heard of one doesnt mean they are worse in any way.

Last 7 flights I've had via Travel Trolley and around 16 all together. Just booked Qatar for July (thread here sub forum) via TT as well

If anyone is nervous about a booking seemingly cheap just go into Amadeus online (google check my trip) enter the airline booking 6 digit character and check all 4 sectors are confirmed (not wait listed etc)

Skyscanner is primarily a Search engine & does not regulate who advertises on their site at all.

Many well-known dodgy 3rd party agents offer cheap deals on Skyscanner, including the infamous Bravofly & Edreams who are probably the 2 most notorious. They advertise cheap fares, which aren't actually live current prices, so often come back to you later & say the price has gone up.

If you want to ignore the general recommended advice to book direct with the airline, at least have a look on the Trip Advisor Air Forum to see how many complaints your 3rd party agent has first  :)

I have just booked an Etihad flight directly, cheaper than I could find on price comparison sites

Skyscanner is primarily a Search engine & does not regulate who advertises on their site at all.

Many well-known dodgy 3rd party agents offer cheap deals on Skyscanner, including the infamous Bravofly & Edreams who are probably the 2 most notorious. They advertise cheap fares, which aren't actually live current prices, so often come back to you later & say the price has gone up.

If you want to ignore the general recommended advice to book direct with the airline, at least have a look on the Trip Advisor Air Forum to see how many complaints your 3rd party agent has first  :)

I've had 5 with Bravofly !!

Archived