IGNORED

6 month Tourist Visa?

mikey69wow

I heard a rumor that there is or will soon be a 6 month Tourist visa available. Does anyone have any legitimate knowledge of this?

It is available but it may not be what you are thinking. It is valid for 6 months and allows you to stay for 60 days on each entry. It is a multiple entry visa meaning it allows you to enter as many times as you like.

I believe the requirements of this visa varies between the different embassies/consulates. If you want to know what is required contact your nearest consulate.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

As above.

Search for METV - Multi  Entry Tourist Visa. Google consulates / embassy in your country.

I heard a rumor that there is or will soon be a 6 month Tourist visa available. Does anyone have any legitimate knowledge of this?

Look further down in this section and do a search on the forum.  A couple threads below and probably a couple elsewhere here about the 'new' Multiple Entry Tourist Visa with six month validity.

Basically, a lot of extra paperwork and financial requirements are needed, and it's not a six month stay... it's getting to enter Thailand multiple times over six months.

Like only 60 days per visit, needing proof of 200k baht in the bank for six months straight, can only get it in your home country of nationality, include a letter from your employer confirming you have a job, etc...

The thing was a disappointment to most when it came out, since it's only useful to a small subset of 'tourists' in its current form from what I've read.  :Dunno:

As Scumbag says, the requirements can vary depending upon which consulate you're applying through, so best to check the website of the one servicing your area (or contact them via email).

It is 6 months of unlimited entries for not more than 60 days at each time. So theoretically 3 60 day entries. Or 10 entries of less than 60 days as you flit about SE Asia or wherever.  It is not a rumour since they starting issuing them 3 months ago.

...the requirements can vary depending upon which consulate you're applying through, so best to check the website of the one servicing your area (or contact them via email).

I have found that their actual requirements and what is on their website can differ. It is best to send them an email if you can find one for the office you want to apply at.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks for the info all. As a matter of fact I am Canadian and in the past have had 3 (Triple) entry Tourist visas, each good for 60 days, then a 30 day 1900 Bt renewal in Jomtien; after the 90 days it requires a visa run to Laos or Cambodia, always a hassle and an expense. This past year I had a "retirement" visa, but this year found that there's nothing retiring about it except not needing the visa run after 90 days and instead just doing a 90 day "report" at Immigration. Well and good, but to "renew" the retirement visa it must be done on an annual basis, and that means a bloody trip into Bangkok and a two day hotel stay and two trips to the Canadian embassy to get the requisite paperwork signed re: annual income. (I cannot afford to let 800K Bt sit in a bank and I refuse to pay ripoff "visa" companies a small fortune to do the hoop dancing.)

Hence when I heard about a 6 month visa I thought if it were so that would be perfect for me, as I generally spend the 6 month winter in Pattaya and the 6 month summer in Canada. I hoped with the one visa I could stay a full 6 months and need neither a visa run nor a ripoff extension fee. Looks like I'll have to go back to the multi-entry Tourist visa. Sigh...... :Cry3:

Archived