IGNORED

Cheap flights from USA to Bangkok

Mindline

FYI, Just booked a flight from Sacramento, California to Bangkok for late Feb 2009. My usual booking site www.bt-store.com fell short this time. The initial price was good (about $760), but then it would tack on $700 for taxes & fees. WTF? So I kept searching...

Ended up finding a roundtrip flight for $1,036 (taxes & fees included) through Orbitz.com...but not directly through Orbitz. Here's what I did:

1) went to bookingbuddy.com and entered in my dates and locations info.

2) clicked on Farefinder as my choice.

3) clicked on the lowest price airfare it returned, which routed me to Orbitz.

I actually tried going directly to Orbitz with the same info and got a much higher price. No idea why. Anyways, give it a shot. YMMV.

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.

I always check out the travel sites like orbitz or expedia, to see my flight options, then book directly through an airline's website. Without fail, I always come up with a cheaper flight by going directly to the airline. This has worked for me domestically as well as overseas. I always end up getting my flights to BKK through EVA or Thai air, so maybe they just tend to be cheaper (I use mileage with either of these now, so I don't really check for different carriers for this route). I think it is generally cheaper to book directly with the airline. Anyone else have similar experience?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I always check out the travel sites like orbitz or expedia, to see my flight options, then book directly through an airline's website. Without fail, I always come up with a cheaper flight by going directly to the airline. This has worked for me domestically as well as overseas. I always end up getting my flights to BKK through EVA or Thai air, so maybe they just tend to be cheaper (I use mileage with either of these now, so I don't really check for different carriers for this route). I think it is generally cheaper to book directly with the airline. Anyone else have similar experience?

Not been my experience at all. Everytime I've checked the airlines directly, the prices have been hundreds more. I fly out of Sacramento, but even if I drove to San Francisco(SFO) first and flew out from there, EVA would still run me more for my dates & locations. And the Thai Airlines website dosn't even give me an option to check prices due to my starting location. Inevitably I have to fly out of Sac to SF or LA (usually via United...ugh), and then on to Tokyo or Seoul, and then from there to Bangkok. But maybe your starting location results in different prices for you. But obviously it's best to check ALL your possibilities in order to flush out the best deals.

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.

I've always found that booking directly with the airlines usually equals higher prices unless the airline is running some crazy special...which does happen from time to time.

I usually use one of the following sites to book my flights-

http://www.kayak.com

Incredible resource...searches nearly every travel site known to mankind

http://www.vayama.com

Great for international travel

http://www.priceline.com

Almost always has the cheapest rates but with 12 hour layovers

I always search the travel sites, such as Orbitiz, Travelocity, Kayak, etc., but usually find that my usual mileage airline (NWA) gives me about the same prices (after taxes and other fees). and the flights offered seem to have me changing airlines and going through some crazy connecting points. so I usually book directly through the airline site.

will have to look into bookingbuddy.

"Fear women - and save your life"

Accra taxi motto

The internet sites are good to check prices, then call up a few travel agents and they always seem to beat the wedsites by 100 or 200 dollars..

I also fly from California. though I am on the southern end of the state. China airlines always seems to be the best

price going. I have used then a few times. Some how the taxes and extras are much lower than the other airlines.

they have ties to Delta Air in the US. But you could easily get a southwest commuter to LAX if SFO does not have a good rate.Thier prices just went up about 200$ from last week, but I belive all airlines did the same. Sign up for the

Dynesty flyer saved me 150$ this trip!

I've been flying EVA regularly (several times a year) between BKK and Los Angeles for the past five years.

I've never found a cheaper EVA rate on any external site than what I get thru EVA's own Hot Deals section on their web site, which also often includes special discounts for their frequent flyer card holders. And oftentimes, depending on the external site, EVA flights often seem to be not listed by those sites.

I know China Airlines may be cheaper than EVA. But given China's dodgy safety record, I feel a bit more comfortable flying EVA. Plus their frequent flyer lounges in BKK and Taiwan are first-class.

If anyone is getting cheaper EVA flights from other web sites than from EVA's own site, I'd certainly like to know where???

Try Kayak.com first to get an idea of the pricing in general for the dates you want, then try the airlines individually that serve your city.

From the west coast I can always get the better pricing with China Airlines and Asiana. If you can leave on a Tuesday-Thursday and come back on Tuesday-Thursday you'll get the best pricing, plus you'll get better seating as a bonus.

You are better off trying to book from the airlines themselves, as they will give you more flexibility if you need to change or postpone your flights, and a lot of times they'll give you the better price.

-Taco

I am flying with Asiana from SeaTac next month. I booked it on Travelocity for $557 including taxes. At that fare, it is completely non-refundable and non-changeable and this may have been a big mistake with the bars closing Nov 14-18. I hope all is not lost!

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

I am flying with Asiana from SeaTac next month. I booked it on Travelocity for $557 including taxes. At that fare, it is completely non-refundable and non-changeable and this may have been a big mistake with the bars closing Nov 14-18. I hope all is not lost!

Which dates for $557. Thanks

Which dates for $557. Thanks

November 12 - 21. I booked it last May. I was looking for a friend about a week ago and the best price for those dates was about $980 which is still a great deal. With Travelocity, EVA and China Airlines always come up cheapest but there are never actual seats for the quoted price. Just my experience though. I've never flown with Asiana so I'll report back on how it goes. At this point, I can hardly wait!

November 12 - 21. I booked it last May. I was looking for a friend about a week ago and the best price for those dates was about $980 which is still a great deal. With Travelocity, EVA and China Airlines always come up cheapest but there are never actual seats for the quoted price. Just my experience though. I've never flown with Asiana so I'll report back on how it goes. At this point, I can hardly wait!

i`ve flown Asiana a few times...service was great, but i guess that`s what you should expect from a five star airline!

I Have found Expedia.com to be a great site. the only drawback I have found is it takes generally 24 hour for the ticket to be issued from the airlines. But I have always found great deals there.

Can anyone expalin Why bars will be closing Nov 14-18??

Can anyone expalin Why bars will be closing Nov 14-18??

The Princess Galyani who died last January will be cremated during this period. There has been alot of discussion about whether the bar closure would be for one day or the whole period or maybe things will just have to be low-key.

$957.00 taxes included.......has anyone found a cheaper flight USA to BKK leaving january???

China Airlines and United released some fares for certain dates in November ex Seattle for $670 - 820. They've probably got some empty flights to fill. Sometimes it pays to wait til the last minute. Too late for me though. :rolleyes:

I just checked EVA for march 2009 for a couple of weeks and it is about $1,100 on economy and $1400 on EVA Evergreen deluxe (which I hear is worth it). Is that pretty standard for to go to Bankok? I checked a Wednesday to Wednesday round trip over a two week period. Are other months cheaper?

Oh how I want to go to pattaya!!!

Orbitz has always been the site that I use for all my plane tickets internationally or domestic when I lived in the states, the key is to buy the ticket at least 4 months in advance, as that will ensure a much cheaper price then if you order 2 months in advance. Anything under the 90 day mark will cost roughly about the same as buying the ticket less than a month away from your departure date.

A friend has also told me about a site that seems to be very, very interesting, with many amazing deals to be had. I have seen tickets from 16 different locations in the USA to BKK, first class, also giving you a 2 weeks stay at a 5 star hotel, and also offering 7 days worth of tours, all starting at as little as

$1 USD. They are setup like an Ebay auction, and sell off the excess tickets that travel agencies buy in bulk. They do get you as far as buying a certain number of tickets, going during a certain time of year, so sometimes you can buy the ticket for $200, and with all the extra fees, spend about $1000 total.

Take into account how much a first class ticket alone costs, and it becomes well worth the money. You can cancel the tours or extend your stay for a bit more money, or even just use the hotel and flight over, and forget the rest of it if coming for a month or longer.

From what I have been told, its much cheaper to buy a ticket from LOS to the states then the other way around. So buying a return ticket as soon as you get here so you know you are set, seems a smart way to go.

I have never actually tried this, but have seen it done in theory, and it looks to be a fantastic way to travel all over the world. Hopefully that helps some of you guys out.

Almost forgot the name of the site to give to you lmao. its

www.skyauction.com

Cheers and safe travels.

Edited by ackademik1

Orbitz has always been the site that I use for all my plane tickets internationally or domestic when I lived in the states, the key is to buy the ticket at least 4 months in advance, as that will ensure a much cheaper price then if you order 2 months in advance. Anything under the 90 day mark will cost roughly about the same as buying the ticket less than a month away from your departure date.

A friend has also told me about a site that seems to be very, very interesting, with many amazing deals to be had. I have seen tickets from 16 different locations in the USA to BKK, first class, also giving you a 2 weeks stay at a 5 star hotel, and also offering 7 days worth of tours, all starting at as little as

$1 USD. They are setup like an Ebay auction, and sell off the excess tickets that travel agencies buy in bulk. They do get you as far as buying a certain number of tickets, going during a certain time of year, so sometimes you can buy the ticket for $200, and with all the extra fees, spend about $1000 total.

Take into account how much a first class ticket alone costs, and it becomes well worth the money. You can cancel the tours or extend your stay for a bit more money, or even just use the hotel and flight over, and forget the rest of it if coming for a month or longer.

From what I have been told, its much cheaper to buy a ticket from LOS to the states then the other way around. So buying a return ticket as soon as you get here so you know you are set, seems a smart way to go.

I have never actually tried this, but have seen it done in theory, and it looks to be a fantastic way to travel all over the world. Hopefully that helps some of you guys out.

Almost forgot the name of the site to give to you lmao. its

www.skyauction.com

Cheers and safe travels.

although i appreciate the answer i am not sure i agree. i have been tracking tickets since may and the price is cheaper now then when i was searching 4 months ago...also a one way ticket from the states is $765 so unless its Under $200 for a return that is not a bargain...i am going to check the website you recommended....

I've used http://www.skyauction.com several times and you can get real deals... You have to be careful and read the fine print as most of their trips have restrictions, set date ranges and additional fees tacked on, plus surcharge for alternate origin airports...

Edited by Muadib

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the site is www.angeltravel.com

They have the best fares period for all carriers to BKK and offer the specials alot of carriers offer!