IGNORED

Jasmine Hotel Review

Mindline

Quick & dirty review of the Jasmine hotel (http://www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com/booking/rezeasy.html):

Stayed there for 3 weeks in July. No reservations, just showed up there and negotiated a rate of 600 Baht per night for a room that was usually 800. Easy as it was low season and I would be staying a long time (three weeks). Here goes...

Pros:

Clean

Right at the heart of Walking Street

Not much noise as I was on the third floor (the lower floors might be a problem for light sleepers).

Working AC (a necessity)

Friendly staff

Cheap as hell

Girl friendly (no joiner fees)

Cheap Laundry service

Cons:

If you arrive at night (which I always do) you have to hoof it from the beginning of Walking St to the hotel, as taxis can't get in.

No room service (downstairs restaurant had closed down)

No phones, so if you need to talk to front desk about anything you need to walk your ass down there.

Very basic accomodations.

Worst towels I've ever seen in a hotel...worn and tattered. Ended up buying my own at the market for 100 baht.

Coming and going to the hotel, you pass a neighboring ladyboy bar. Convenient if you're into that, but they can be a bit aggressive if you're not. I found if I avoided eye contact or had a girl on my arm, they would pretty much leave me alone. None of them ever tried to grab me which is more than I can say for some bargirls out there.

It seemed like every other day the water to the room would suddenly run out. Either me or my girl would have to walk down to the front desk. Each time they were able to get water running again within 5 or 10 minutes. Still, a pain in the ass...especially if you're taking a shower.

They advertised free Internet via 2 PCs downstairs. One of them was broken and remained broken my entire 3 weeks there. Not sure about wireless in room or not.

All in all, it's a good choice if you're on a tight budget and you want to be right there in the heart of Walking Street. FYI, if you love a good Guinness, I highly recommend Molly Malone's on the opposite side of Walking Street.

Edited by Mindline

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.