IGNORED

WikiLeaks founder Assange 'arbitrarily detained', UN panel rules

News Bandit

GENEVA - A UN panel examining the case of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said Friday he had been arbitrarily detained by both Sweden and Britain and called on both countries to compensate him.

View the full article

the fact is he voluntary went into the equadorian embassy and has stayed at great expense to the london police force and the un resolution has no legality in uk so the moment he walks out the police will arrest him on behalf of the swedish government for extradition which is lawful .i have always thought if he was innocent why has he run away and hid ,I'm sure with all his wealthy backers and friends he would get enough publicity for a fair trial ,so man up

the fact is he voluntary went into the equadorian embassy and has stayed at great expense to the london police force and the un resolution has no legality in uk so the moment he walks out the police will arrest him on behalf of the swedish government for extradition which is lawful .i have always thought if he was innocent why has he run away and hid ,I'm sure with all his wealthy backers and friends he would get enough publicity for a fair trial ,so man up

Bullshit. All the Swedish had to say was he would not be extradited to the USA where people have been detained for 10 years without trial because the USA  does not apply its Bill of Rights to foreign nationals. Fucking hypocrites.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Funny how the UK government wax lyrical about the UN every time they pass a resolution which means they can conduct a bombing campaign overseas or invade a sovereign nation, but now the UN has ruled against the UK government all of a sudden the UN has no legal basis or influence over the actions of the UK government?

Not sure what it has to do with the UN really?

Having said that, I totally disagree with the European Arrest Warrant. The U.K. has effectively handed over it's justice system to the weakest, most corrupt systems in the EU. British citizens can be extradited with no evidence and no recourse to UK Courts. Mind you, the agreement with the U.S, isn't much better.

It's difficult to judge the Assange case without hearing all sides. The reports when this all started said it was because a woman went home with him and happily had sex but then he had sex again the morning without specifically getting her permission.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The reports when this all started said it was because a woman went home with him and happily had sex but then he had sex again the morning without specifically getting her permission.

He woke up in the morning, spooned her while she was dozing, slipped back in and had sex with her.

Afterwards, she got up, went to the shops bought food and came back and made him breakfast.

Some days later when it seemed a newspaper might buy the story she then started talking about rape, because he didn't ask her permission and because they used a rubber the night before but he bare backed her in the morning.

Of course it's obvious this is not a normal rape allegation and the Americans have their grubby little paws all of this behind the scenes because they are still pissed at Julian for leaking their mass murder tapes onto Youtube. <<<statement of fact not an invite to get another thread locked!

i have always thought if he was innocent why has he run away and hid ,I'm sure with all his wealthy backers and friends he would get enough publicity for a fair trial ,so man up

Crock. Your statement assumes the system is honest and the authorities are saints who can do no wrong.

The powers that be are corrupt and write laws to suit themselves. Everything Hitler did was LEGAL too - doesn't make it right.

Julian Assange  2

He offered to be interviewed by the Swedish police in either the Swedish Embassy or in Scotland Yard. The Swedish Police could have hopped on a plane and be in London in 2 hours. He is not Swedish, why should he go back to Sweden just too be questioned. He was rightly suspicious of the motive of the second prosecutor. An International Warrant seems rather heavy handed for someone you just want to question again after he had been cleared by a chief prosecuter.

21 August 2010

The arrest warrant is withdrawn. "I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," says one of Stockholm's chief prosecutors, Eva Finne.

Ms Rosander says the investigation into the molestation charge will continue but it is not a serious enough crime for an arrest warrant.

1 September 2010

Swedish Director of Prosecution Marianne Ny says she is reopening the rape investigation against Mr Assange, eleven days after a chief prosecutor announced the arrest warrant had been dropped. Ms Ny is also head of the department that oversees prosecution of sex crimes in particular.

Mr Assange's British lawyer Mark Stephens says his client offered to be interviewed at the Swedish embassy in London or Scotland Yard or via video link. He accuses Ms Ny of "abusing her powers" in insisting that Mr Assange return to Sweden.

Stockholm District Court approves a request to detain Mr Assange for questioning on suspicion of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion. Sweden's Director of Prosecution Marianne Ny says he has not been available for questioning.

20 November 2010

Swedish police issue an international arrest warrant for Mr Assange via Interpol

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived