IGNORED

Bahrain airport

Wil

Been checking the topic and couldn't see this being asked for this airport though I know similar has been asked for other airports.

Minimum connection time is being met so I know that Gulf Air can sell the flights but wondering if any one has travelled with them recently and had this 1 hour at Bahrain stopover on the way home?

Great price with them at the moment so interested What were your experiences were like?

Cheers

Wil

A friend works in Bahrain so uses Gulf as they are the only direct flight.

He's told me to avoid them as they are crap.

The flight from BKK codeshares with Malaysia and connects to Saudi for people doing the hadj pilgrimage and for workers. It can be a very unpleasant experience.

He's never had a problem at the airport - always quick. Obviously, he's departing or arriving not connecting.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just seen this post as iv booked the flights with gulf myself so hoping it's better then mentioned, I will let you know in March of that helps ?

I've no first hand experience just going by what I've been told.

Hope flight isn't too bad. I'm sure you'll have a great time in TLOS whatever.

That's my plan! Surely 14hrs on the plane can't be that bad to spoil 14 days in pattaya !

The flight is often full of Hadjis (those going on pilgrimage) as it connects to a Saudi flight and codeshares with Malaysia.

I flew with them last year, Heathrow to Swampy via Bahrain, no problems at all .

.Great price, and on 2 of the legs, the plane was half empty so got 2 seats to myself .

Bahrain is quite a small airport, so dead easy to find your connecting flight .

Archived