IGNORED

Pound,Dollar or Euro

shadyacres29

Im travelling in first week in november and at the current state of the economy was just wondering what currency traveller cheques to change my hard earned GBPs into for greatest return?...any info greatly appreciated

thanks

eh ?? Its all the same once you exchange the cheques into baht.

However, to reduce the fees paid to banks/bureau de changes, I suggest, that because you will pay an exchange rate for buying Euro and Dollar, then a fee for exchanging it into bahts in Thailand, that you do this :

My advice is to buy 100 GBP cheques to reduce the number of cheque fees you pay in Thailand.

Edited by luvyoulongtime

Im travelling in first week in november and at the current state of the economy was just wondering what currency traveller cheques to change my hard earned GBPs into for greatest return?...any info greatly appreciated

thanks

I would take GBPs if i were you

This is on the basis that you will get hammered by both the commision charges and the exchange rates converting your Pounds into either of the other 2 you mentioned.

Thats apart from the fact that the place you buy them in will gouge you on the rates anyway

You will THEN get twatted again for fees in Thailand when you change the TCs

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Just checked the rates and ir seems i,l get about 5800bt per 100gbp cheque,in january i got 6300bt....not happy about this at all,plus theres another 3 weeks for thins to deteriate just a little bit more.The idea of taking all that £ in cash form somewhat worries me though....its a lose lose situation i think.

.I do know what you mean, that really, a 2000 GBP spending money holiday will cost you 400 GBP more compared to 12 months ago.

Its not a ridiculous amount as things are SO cheap when you get there. All you have to do is reduce perhaps one star of a hotel or not be as flash with the cash as you would normally be.

The prices of commodoties have not changed that much in 10 years, so its still one of (if not THE) most cheapest places to party in the world

.I do know what you mean, that really, a 2000 GBP spending money holiday will cost you 400 GBP more compared to 12 months ago.

Its not a ridiculous amount as things are SO cheap when you get there. All you have to do is reduce perhaps one star of a hotel or not be as flash with the cash as you would normally be.

The prices of commodoties have not changed that much in 10 years, so its still one of (if not THE) most cheapest places to party in the world

your right theres absolutely no doubt about it,still the best holiday destination pound for pound.

thanks for the advice chaps

As a semi regular visitor, I always take Sterling T/C s and a limited amount of English notes, of which I change £200 Notes at the currency exchange just after passport control in Bangkok That normally lasts the first couple of days until I get my drinking head on. :D .

Edited by ericco

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/a40.swf&text=I%20Come%20back%20to%20Paradise%20City&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=10&day=5&hour=14&minute=30&second=31&x=11&y=135" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdowns</small></center>

alrite mate, ive just returned had a top time as usual, best way for money i found was to take cash, pound sterling, i looked all over england before i went and the best rate i could get was 55-57 to the £1, took cash and got 58b-60b to the £1 average, good way to budget i found too, have a card for back up when ya run low as you will 555, adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

You normally get 1 or 2 baht more per £1 when exchanging Sterling Travellers cheques compared to Sterling notes.

Edited by gordy

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

I wired all my money to my bank accounts in Pattaya months before i come to Pattaya.. Worked wonders, i transfer when the thai bahts is good rate and i get the interests on savings when i go over there... No hassle all legal... All you have to do is open the bank account in Pattaya or wherever you want in Thailand with your passport, and i,m sure you will find it very useful... Once few years back, i wired my money 60,000 euro (to buy a condo)to my bank in pattaya from my local bank in ireland, only charged me 10 euro to transfer a lot of money...You could check the bank account in thailand online here... :P

Edited by jocky king