IGNORED

Tips for helping your lady to learn english...

LaaMok

My lady spends hours playing scrabble on my shite laptop.... i thought this was a great idea of hers...

any more tips?

Mine is just a lazy bitch who watches english TV all day, which teaches her new words. I bought her a laptop and am getting her to use the internet more. This is helping her written english.

My missus works in a Restaurant in UK, and since she has been there her English has improved dramatically. There is no substitute for the need to communicate, and although I agree that the scrabble idea improves the written English, the spoken language should come first and they need to know how to string the words together in a sentence that actually means something :LMAO1:

My lady spends hours playing scrabble on my shite laptop.... i thought this was a great idea of hers...

any more tips?

I was with a girl from BBK for about 4 days on my last trip and we used to just sit in a bar and chat in Thai and English with eachother asking what various stuff was over a few bevvies. Was suprising how much we taught eacother. Get her out and about in a more social setting rather than stuck indoors mate.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

download a hex editor, open the scrabble exe in it, delete a few lines of the code, save.

and do it for solitaire while you're at it.

download a hex editor, open the scrabble exe in it, delete a few lines of the code, save.

and do it for solitaire while you're at it.

What does that mean?

Although you might think you are doing her a favor by talking to her in Pidgin English you are doing more damage than good, if you don’t teach her the prepositions and tenses she will never ever know them. Forget the where you live? where you go? Teach her right the first time. If you want to send her to school to learn English make sure the teacher is from an English speaking country. A Korean women that works with me has studied English for 5 years and although she has a large vocabulary, I can’t understand a fucking word she is saying because her teacher was Italian

Although you might think you are doing her a favor by talking to her in Pidgin English you are doing more damage than good, if you don’t teach her the prepositions and tenses she will never ever know them. Forget the where you live? where you go? Teach her right the first time. If you want to send her to school to learn English make sure the teacher is from an English speaking country. A Korean women that works with me has studied English for 5 years and although she has a large vocabulary, I can’t understand a fucking word she is saying because her teacher was Italian

Who said anything about talking to her in pigeon english? Who said she doesnt know tenses???? why you saying teach her right first time? She has been learning properly????

Mate I think you are in the wrong thread????????

any more tips?

Reading kids' books. Good basic grammar in there without getting despondent through not understanding adult books, as adult books assume the reader has a large vocabulary.

Reading kids' books. Good basic grammar in there without getting despondent through not understanding adult books, as adult books assume the reader has a large vocabulary.

She is past the kids books but not good enough for adults, its an annoying place to be probably. i would guess at the level at the age as a 11 year old? its hard to tell

She is past the kids books but not good enough for adults, its an annoying place to be probably. i would guess at the level at the age as a 11 year old? its hard to tell

How about those "talking books" you know, novels read by an actor on CD. They might work well.

I will chime in since this is my field of expertise. The absolute best way to learn a language is to read it out-loud. Simple kids books are a great way to start but the key is reading it out loud. Better yet is simple books on tape--listen to the reader, read the same passages out loud and try to mimic pronunciation and intonation. Even better is to read and record your own voice and compare. Rinse and repeat.

Deal with new vocab before and after process.

This truly works.

One point---if the language you are studying does not use English letters (japanese, thai, chinese) the process needs a beginner step of learning HOW to read what is on the page. Books on tape/CD help with this.

But the above technique will advance your second language learning so much faster than any other technique.

kanpai

bolly

Edited by bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Who said anything about talking to her in pigeon english? Who said she doesnt know tenses???? why you saying teach her right first time? She has been learning properly????

Mate I think you are in the wrong thread????????

My post was generalizing and most Thais haven’t got a clue about tenses, why would they don’t use them in their own language. The same as Pidgin English, why does a TG speak in Pidgin English? Well you are the smart arse that can’t seem to take help when given so why don’t you answer that question

If she is learning properly I’m very happy for you, in fact I will go have a beer tonight on the strength of that, :P happy now?

• 4 weeks later...

When I met my wife she had hardly no English, anytime I would try to teach her English she would claim to have a headache and she would just lose interest after about 5 minutes. But I was always sending her text messages and I would make a big deal if she didn't text me back, and surprisingly by figuring it out for herself she learned quite a bit. But like scrabble, texting can only take her so far and I got her enrolled in an English class and what she wouldn't do for me she will do for her teacher and her English has improved a lot.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com