Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

puffy eyes

yorkshireman

Hi guys,  I have a problem with my eyes in the morning >When i wake they are puffed up and crusty every day. once showered they go back to normal. any ideas on this ,They are not itchy or red  and my sight is good for my age..  pete

If they're not red or itchy it could be your aircon. Do you leave it on at night?

Anti inflammatory eye drops from any pharmacy around 30 baht. Just put a couple of drops in before you sleep.

:GoldenSmile1:

If they're not red or itchy it could be your aircon. Do you leave it on at night?

For me it seems to be due to sleeping with the fan on.

If I cut the fan and leave the AC on there's no problem......just like back in UK.

Eye discharge is a telltale sign that bacteria is in your eye. Waking up with crusty eyelids or discharge in the corner of your eye is one of the more serious symptoms of an eye infection.

I get sore eyes from riding a motorbike around pattaya. All the dust and shit in the air, also when they are frying chilli on the side of the road. 

I don't notice it until I wake up in the morning

12 Pints in Know it all

Thanks for replys.  I just have a fan on at present no aircon till it gets too hot for just fan. If it is an infection is it a visit to the doc or will the pharmacy fix me up as i have found each doc seems to deal with specific ailments and know of one that deals with ear nose and throat but not one for eyes, Leads appreciated.. pete

If you can get something similar or the same try some of this mate. Put it in your eyes before sleeping. Works for me

UrsD_PS_3D_VitA_POS_rgb_1209_aus.jpg

I went a couple of months ago to the hospital on Pattaya Klang. Same thing but I had a lot of redness in 1 eye, and did have an infection.

The lady eye doctor goes twice a week. Tuesdays for sure, don't know the other day.

You will pay 700bht + 800 bht for doctor and equipment. She will probably give you 2 or 3 different eye drops @ 180 bht each. ( the same from outside pharmacy is 30 bht each.

If you only have crusty/puffy eyes in the morning, and nothing else, I would just buy some drops from the chemist. (they are trained)..........But your eyes are very important. If a couple of thousand baht eases your mind, go for it!

:GoldenSmile1:

.. a pretty common diagnosis on this might be conjunctivitis ("pink eye") .. typical symptoms are crusty eyes in the morning .. redness .. sometimes itchiness.

.. it is a mild (although highly virulent) eye infection for which young kids serve as walking petri dishes .. I contracted a gazillion times from my youngest kid here (to whom I routinely gave it back) .. easily transmitted by rubbing your eyes, and then shaking someone's hand who then rubs their own eyes.

.. can be confined to one eye, but generally migrates to both .. conjunctivitis can be easily cleared-up within 2-3 days of treatment with one of several over-the-counter antibiotic eye-drops.

.. inexpensive and available at most any pharmacy .. although, I recommend to avoid street pharmacies .. go to Boots, or Watsons and be sure to speak with the pharmacist to make sure they understand the infection .. otherwise, you are talking to a clerk.

.. maybe try this first, before paying to see a ophthalmologist for a THB 100 med .. any general practitioner, or pediatrician can probably diagnose it.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I thank everyone for there replys and will talk to a pharmacist first  before  seeing.  a doc if no improvement cheers pete

A thread to keep an eye on  :GoldenSmile1:   

hint:  next time you dine at the Y, close your eyes

I have the same, allergic conjutivitis. The pattaya memorial doc gave me prednesone and anti histamine eye drops.

Lay off the Hong Kongs (Bongs)!

wtf does that have to do with his eyes ffs ? 5555

hint:  next time you dine at the Y, close your eyes

Or welding goggles perhaps......

Archived